Part 2: Our First Met

Lily's POV: [Six months before Ashley's wedding]

I was lying down on my bed, reading my recently purchased romance novel, and I was fully immersed in it, when my cellphone's ringtone filled the air in my room, breaking me free from my fantasy world.

I glanced at the screen and saw Ashley's name on it. I picked up the phone and muttered, "Hey, what's up?..."

Ashley said excitedly, "Come to my house RIGHT NOW!!!..."

+"Why?!... What's wrong?..." I freaked out a bit.

-"Just come... you'll know... See ya..." she hung up the call on me.

I stared at my cell phone for a while, dumbfounded, thinking what might have happened.

I sighed and got out of bed. Walking to my closet, I picked up a white t-shirt and cotton short pink pants. As I changed my clothes, I looked at myself in the mirror, observing my loose messy hair and no make-up face, wondering whether I should tidy myself up or not.

"Nah... It's just me and Ashley... I'm too lazy to do anything... I'll leave just like this... What could've possibly happened?... " Mumbling to myself as I headed out of my room.

Walking downstairs and finding my mom in the living room, "Mom, I'll go to Ashley's house for a while..."

"OK, dear," my mom answered as she was busy watching drama on TV.

I put on my flip-flops since Ashley's family lives next door, and I didn't have to wear anything fancy and stepped out the front door.

~

I walked a few steps until I was in front of Ashley's yard. As I was about to go inside, I noticed a black XX car parked in front of their garage and a tall girl with short black hair, wearing a white linen oversized shirt with a navy long sleeve Tee underneath and tucking them in her baggy light blue jeans with sunglasses, got out of the car.

The first thought that came to my mind was, "Damn... She's so hot..."

When she got closer and pushed her sunglasses on top of her head, I realized that she was Diana, Ashley's best friend, who I'd always wanted to see in person.

I was completely frozen at my place as Diana took a glance at me from head to tiptoe, a slightly judgemental gaze, and walked past me in silence. After that, she rang Ashley's door, waiting on the porch.
I was dazzled by her strong presence. My heart was beating so fast, and my palms sweated as I became unconsciously nervous, wondering why she looked at me like that.

As I remembered what I looked like out of the blue, I gasped...

"SHIT!!!... I'm a mess!!!!!!... Why would I look like a homeless person in our first encounter~~~~... Shiiiittttt!!!~~~" I screamed internally.

I came to my senses again when suddenly I heard Ashley calling me, "Heyyyy~~~... Lily~~... Why are you standing there?!~... Come on in, girl!!..."

I replied anxiously, "Comiiiiing~" and ran to the front door. In the meantime, Diana had already sat on the couch after stepping inside.

~

Ashley pushed me onto the couch next to Diana and made me sit there. Then she sat in the armchair in front of us and said, "Okay... First, let me introduce you two together." She pointed at me and said, "She's Lily, my neighbor..." Then she pointed at Diana, "She's my best friend that I told you about before, Diana"...

I reached out my hand anxiously to shake and said with a silly smile on my face, "Hiii~... Nice to meet you."

Diana shook my hand firmly, a bit strong, and responded with a straight face and a calm voice, " Hey, Lily... my pleasure."
She pulled her hand away quickly, then turned her head towards Ashley and groaned, "Now spit it out what happened!... I'm busy..."