Part 7: Stay the night at Diana's place

Diana's POV: [21:25]

As Lily started to talk, we sat down on a bench across the lake in the park with the moon's reflection on its surface...
You would've felt the chilling breeze from the lake and the silence around us except for the cricket chirping...

When Lily was speaking, you could feel the pain in her voice as her body was stiff and trembling slightly...

I guess I was wrong to think she had malicious intentions towards me...

She's just lonely...

As a 15-year-old girl, it was definitely hard to deal with all those things coming to her...

Especially if you're a sensitive person, you'll feel everything like ten times harder, as a result the damage to your heart will be more destructive...
She was just a teenager, of course she'd be like that... What did their parents expect?...
Why would you treat your child unfairly?...
I can't get them...

~

[21:50]

Lily's last words were, "After that incident, my parents sent me to a mental health hospital for a while, thinking I'm insane...
They haven't even tried once to put themselves in my shoes...
I'm indeed a pathetic stupid person..."

I put out my cigarette after a puff, angst filled me up, and I got up, standing in front of her...

"You're seriously stupid," I stated calmly.

Lily flinched and lifted her head, staring at me with her tearful eyes, which were somehow twinkling from the lights surrounding...

Those eyes indeed make me uncomfortable, feeling overwhelmed for unknown reasons, as if my soul is sucked out by them.

I covered her eyes with my palm and continued,
"However, not for the reasons you mentioned... You're stupid because you believe in others' opinions more than believing in yourself... Why would you give a fuck about it?... You were a kid who made mistakes...
Does anyone ever exist in this world without mistakes?... NO...
Forgive yourself!...
It's your life, and your choice... you don't have to prove them or act the way they want...
Being different ain't a bad thing, it means you're special... you have things that ordinary people don't...
Not necessarily everyone would understand or empathize with you...
You have to accept this fact..."

Lily pressed my hand closer to her face and sobbed loudly, "You're~... Right ~..."

Again, I was awkward; I didn't know how to console her... As a result, I stayed still waiting for her to calm down.

~

[22:00]

After passing a few minutes, Lily finally let go of my hand. My palm was wet from her tears, and I felt hurt somehow by feeling it on my skin...
As Lily stood up and I glanced at her face, I said teasingly, "Oh... Baby Panda is back!..."

She chuckled and pushed me lightly with her hands. "Don't make fun of me!~~"

I pulled a handkerchief from my sweet pants and handed it to her, "Wipe your tears. Now it's time for the Ice cream~..."

She smiled and dabbed at her eyes with the handkerchief, then linked her arm around me hesitantly as she was shy, and her cheeks and nose were red from all that crying on that chilly night. "Let's go~"...

I don't usually like being touched by someone I'm not familiar with, but I let her be...

We took a step, and then another, until we were walking slowly towards the ice cream shop silently. However, I could feel that she was in a better mood since the smile on her face hadn't faded for a moment...