Part 8: Lily and Faith, First encounter

Lily's POV: [23:20]

As Diana left to shower, I wore the clothes she lent me and stepped out of the room into the living room. Then I noticed something which I didn't see at first. There was a piano in the corner of the room and an electronic guitar next to it...

I approached the piano and touched it gently, remembering I've always wanted to buy and learn piano. However, my parents never let me do it. I sat down on the piano stool and placed my fingers on the keys aimlessly, curious to hear the sound.

"Am I dumb to not know a single note?" I mumbled as I pressed a key a few times...

While I was immersed in it for some minutes, I felt a hand pressed on my shoulder. When I turned my head, I saw Diana's face leaning close to mine. "That's not how you should play it," she said as she placed her other hand on my hand over the piano, leading my fingers to play a note.

She was so close to me, leaning over my back, and made my heart skip a beat...

Then I suddenly noticed what she's trying to teach me. "Oh!... This is~..." I muttered.

Diana glanced at me and replied, "Yep, twinkle twinkle little star"...

Our gazes were locked on each other for a few seconds, which made me flinch, and I slid back a bit and said nervously, "You'll get tired standing, sit~..."

I huffed as I couldn't breathe for a moment, and Diana asked while sitting next to me, "You okay?... Your face is a bit red..."

"Yes... Yeah!... It's just that I'm excited~..." I blurted out and added, "I forgot what time it is!... Don't neighbours get mad at us?!..."

Diana laughed, "haha~ The walls are soundproof, so relax!"

I smiled, bewildered. "Then, can you play me a song?!"

-"What song would you like to hear?"

+"HM~... Do you know 'The song of Love story's movie' ? It's an old one..."

She laid her fingers on the piano's keys and played a bit. "Do you mean this?! 'Where do I begin' by Andy Williams?"

"Yeah!!!..." I answered excitedly...

Then she continued to play the whole song, and I just remained frozen there, listening to the song meanwhile observing her fingers moving across the keys, and her calm face with wet straight short hair in her beige silky pyjamas...

I felt mesmerized and in awe, watching and listening to her playing the piano, with her skilled and gentle movements. A peaceful and calming sensation came into me as if everything was in harmony.

I was captivated by the beauty of the song and her posture... Unable to describe it with words...

After the song was finished, she looked at me and smiled. I clapped hesitantly and lightly, "Woaah~... I really liked it~... Thanks, Diane~..." then smiled back.

We stared at each other silently, and awkwardness returned into the mood. Diana sat up and asked, "Don't you want to dry your hair?... You'll catch a cold..."

+"Yours is also wet!"

-"I'm used to it, and my hair is short." she twirled a strand of my hair and continued, "Your hair is long so it's different, " and I gulped anxiously.

Then Diana grabbed my hand and dragged me to the bedroom. I stared down at her grasp on my hand, feeling confused and embarrassed. She made me sit on the bed, and then took out the dryer out of her drawer, turned it on, and pointed at my hair while rubbing my head with her palm. She dried my hair for me as I obediently stayed there silently for her to finish.