Part 28: I Miss You

Faith's POV:

[Flashback to one and a half hours ago]

I took Lily out of Diana's apartment and closed the door behind us. As we were walking together down the hallway, Rian got out of the elevator. A smile appeared on his face after our eyes met, but it disappeared as soon as he felt there was something wrong with us.

Rian quickened his steps and approached us; then he asked worriedly, "Is everything okay?!"

I was still holding Lily with all the strength that I had. "Yeah... We just need to go home..."

"But your friend looks so pale. Don't you have to go to the hospital?" He followed us as I reached the elevator.

"We just got back from there," I said and stepped inside.

He held the elevator's door open. "Do you have a car?"

"I'll take a cab or Uber," I said, frustrated. "Look, we need to go! Can you let the door close?!"

As Rian got inside and pressed the parking floor button, he offered, "I'll give you guys a ride."

"I said I'd take a cab!" I scowled.

He squatted in front of us and said, "Put her on my back. She seems kinda unconscious, so it'll be difficult to carry her."

I stared at Rian as I arched an eyebrow. "What's gotten into you suddenly?"

He put Lily on his back by pulling her towards himself and then stood straight. "Think of it as payback for sharing your umbrella with me."

As the elevator stopped and we walked towards where his car was parked, I got into the back seat with Lily.

Rian got into the car and scoffed, "The front seat doesn't have teeth."

"I'm fine here..." I stated.

~

When we reached my house, Lily came back to her senses, thankfully. After Lily got out of the car, I said as I held the cash that Diana gave me earlier in front of him, "Thank you for your help."

He furrowed his eyebrows and pushed my hand away lightly. "I'm not a chauffeur..."

"I know, but I don't like being in debt..." I said calmly.

He smirked. "Then give me your number instead..."

Evil!...

I sighed, "Give me your phone..."

I then saved my number on his phone and got out of the car right away.
I won't answer his calls anyway...

"See you later, Holy Faith." He said and drove away.

I rolled my eyes, and then I glanced at Lily as she was lost in her own world of thoughts, standing still. I wrapped my right arm around her shoulders. "Let's get inside..."

She nodded plainly and let me lead her inside.

Gladly, my parents weren't at home since they'd been staying with my grandparents for a few days.

No parents, no questions...

We walked into my room, and Lily sat down on the bed quietly, staring at the floor.
I got into the kitchen after and made her a cup of tea, then returned to my room.
I put the tray on the side table and said as I sat next to her, "Have some tea."

"Faith..." Lily called my name.

"Hm?" I looked at her while her head was still down.

"Why... did she ask us to leave?" she asked.