Part 15: Accepting The Truth

Diana's POV:

[7:38 A.M.]

When I opened my eyes, I saw Lily clinging to me as always and still in dreamland.

My head hurt so bad because of last night's reckless drinking. I rubbed my forehead with my palms and huffed...

Then I glanced at Lily again, noticing something strange. "Why are her lips slightly swollen?" I wondered.

As I touched her lips with my finger lightly, I flinched, remembering what I had done last night like a recurrence in my mind. I had kissed her deeply and passionately since I thought it was another dream!!!...

My jaw dropped out of shock, and I slammed my forehead with my hand. "Damn it!~... " I muttered anxiously.

My heart skipped a beat when she nuzzled her head into my arms while she was still sleeping since I thought she was awake for a second...

I slipped out of her arms quietly and walked to the bathroom, staring at the mirror.

"What should I tell her?!... I'm having some perverted dreams about you almost every day, so I thought last night was also a dream?!" I wondered and then sighed.

"The best way is to pretend I don't remember! I have no other choice!..." I came to my conclusion and, after washing up, stepped out of the bathroom finally.

I got close to her and patted her shoulder slightly. "Lily, wake up."

She moaned a bit and then opened her eyes in wonder, scanning the situation as her brain wasn't yet booted, I guess.

I said, "It's time to wake up. You need to go to work~"

Lily stared at me in silence for a moment, and her face suddenly blushed. She probably had just remembered last night, and then she said, "Ah! Good morning ~~..."

Afterwards, she hurried to the bathroom shyly, making me grin. I walked to the kitchen and made some scrambled eggs, and fried a few sausages with bacon.

As I set the table, Lily came and sat down quietly.

We both ate in an awkward silence, the only sound coming from the clanking of cutlery against the plates.

I broke the silence by asking, "How did I end up in bed last night?"

She looked at me, puzzled, "You ~ Don't~ remember?"

+"Nah, I was blacked out... "

-"I dragged~ you to the bed~..." Then she dropped her head gloomy.

+" Eh! I'm pretty heavy since I'm fit. Sorry I bothered you!~..."

-"It's... okay..."

I could've felt Lily's disappointment in her reaction by playing with her breakfast and not lifting her head up. However, that was the only solution I had. I shouldn't act recklessly from now on...

I can't let us get entangled in a complicated situation...

~

When our breakfast was done, we both got ready quickly and headed to the parking lot floor.

I dropped Lily off at her work and drove to my school.

As I entered class, I saw Ethan sitting, working on his laptop. So I sat next to him and said, "Hey."

"Hi," he answered.

+"Are you still mad?"

-"Nah~ Why would I?"

+Yes, you are. You keep ignoring me just like now that you won't even lift your head."

He stopped tapping on his keyboard and looked at me with a gloomy expression.