Part 27: Goodbye, Ashley

⚠️Trigger warning: Strong language, aggressive acts, and a bit of violence, I guess, I'm not sure (゜_゜)! ⚠️
.
.
.
Diana's POV:

Stepping towards Lily, I kneeled down and hugged her from behind, holding her arms to prevent her from hitting herself.
I held her tight in my arms as I whispered into her ear, "Lily, you'll hurt yourself like this..."

Lily was shaking uncontrollably, and her breathing was ragged and shallow. Her eyes were filled with fear and panic evident in her expression.

"Leave me... agh... alone!... aaagh..." She was trying to fight against me, but I held her gently yet firmly.

I could feel her heart racing as I covered her mouth with my palm. "Breathe through your nose with my count... 1... 2... 1... 2..."

While I was comforting her, Ashley scoffed, "Huh! She's literally insane, isn't she?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I shouted at her, completely furious.

Ashley was jolted by my reaction and her eyes widened in response, but she didn't have the courage to say anything more. She then sat on the couch, annoyed...

Faith rushed towards Lily and me, she said worriedly, "Should... I call 911?!..."

"She will calm down soon..." I replied as my eyes flickered between Faith and Lily.

Her body became relaxed in my embrace after a few minutes, and she finally stopped struggling. Lily closed her eyes as she leaned her head onto my chest, still crying.

I then asked Faith, "Can you take Lily to your home?"

Faith stared at me in wonder. "What?!"

"I'll come and get her back in less than an hour," I explained.

Lily whined as she felt dizzy; her body was still hot from her fever. "I won't... Ugh... leave..."

"Have some trust in me..." I told Lily and kissed on top of her head. Then I pulled her up with Faith's help and handed Lily to her.

"Take a cab," I said as I gave Faith some cash.

Faith held Lily's waist and pulled one of her arms around her neck, dragging her out.

"Let's take a rest at my place, Lily." She mumbled and closed the door behind them.

~

Ashley asked as she stood up, crossing her arms.
"Is what Lily said true?! Why would you date a girl, especially someone like her?! That's disgustingly cringe! You've always been into boys— Agh!!!!"

I approached Ashley and landed a slap on her face.
"Didn't I warn you to shut your mouth?" I asked coldly as I glared at her.

I've been suppressing my frustration and feelings towards Ashley for years and it led me to the edge of rage and hatred. I felt like all those pent-up emotions had been unleashed. I was burning in the hell that I had made...

My eyes were narrowed, and my jaw was clenched in a tight line as I stared at her while she looked at me in shock.

"Did you... just... hit me?!... Because of a crazy bitch?!"

I shoved her against the wall by grasping her neck. The notebook fell down from her hand as she held my wrist, trying to free herself from my grip. "You never change!"

I wanted to lash out at Ashley, to make her feel the same fear and pain that Lily had felt these last few days.

"I... can't... breath!" Ashley stuttered as she was taken aback, pressing her nails into my skin.