Part 16: Live With Me

Lily's POV:

[8:30 A.M.]

I walked to the building and greeted other staff after I got out of Diana's car.

I couldn't help but feel my heart was heavy, as if someone was pressing down on my chest. Diana should've definitely remembered what she did last night, but she just stared at me and lied.

And I know what that means...

It means, "I made a mistake since I was drunk, and I don't want to get stuck in an awkward position because of it... So let's pretend it didn't happen at all... In the end, it meant nothing!"

I let out a sigh and then put my stuff in my locker...
"I got excited last night like a fool~..." I muttered.

John suddenly appeared in front of my face and asked, "What are you saying to yourself?"

I jolted back and answered awkwardly, "Haha~ Nothing~... Just random thoughts~..."

He wrapped his arm around me, leading me outside the staff's room. "Let's begin our work~..."

I nodded, "Yep~."

~

[17:45]

Since John and I were tired of placing books on shelves, we decided to grab a coffee to rest a bit.

As we walked to the second floor and got to the counter, I heard a guy's voice calling us, so I turned my head in its direction.

My eyes widened in shock when I saw Diana and Ethan sitting there. I approached their table and sat down with them for a while until John also joined us, even though Diana didn't look comfortable.

While we were talking, I kept glancing at Diana from time to time, sitting across from me. Her glaring daggers at me with a gloomy expression and not participating in our conversation made me feel pretty awkward.

As John rested his hand around my shoulder, I flinched a bit, thinking that Diana might've misinterpreted his actions. So I squirmed out of his arm, but he placed his hand on my thigh while speaking to Ethan. I was bewildered by his sudden touch, and it actually made me startled, especially in front of them. However, when I was about to push his hand away, Diana asked, "Are you two dating?"...

And the only thing that came into my mind was, "What I didn't want to happen, it had already done!"

Both of us denied in an instant nervously...

There was no reason why Diana was so worked up, but John and her were arguing out of nowhere...

Honestly, I was so confused about the whole situation...

As I tried to say something, Diana got up and approached John to land a fist on his face...
The punch caused John to fall to the ground, furious...
I sprinted towards him to check his face worriedly as Ethan held Diana back...

But she yelled at me, which made me jolt, "Why would you apologise to him? Stop saying sorry to everyone stupidly!"

When I tried to explain to Diana and calm her down, she said something that broke my heart really bad...

"This is why people keep abusing you, Lily. Because you're a pushover."...

Her voice echoed in my head, repeating again and again...

As our boss, Daniel, came to the scene, I took John to his office. "I'm so sorry~ John~..." I said to him while we stepped down the stairs...

"What's wrong with that maniac girl?!" He grumbled.