Chapter 33: It's Over

⚠️Trigger warning: Blood, self-harm...
.
.
.
.

Diana's POV:

[10:40 A.M.]

After my talk with my parents was finally over, I left the house with a bittersweet feeling consuming me. I leaned against my car and started smoking while staring at the street, watching cars passing.

In some ways, I feel like I have survived a war...

It wasn't surprising that they were furious at first when I walked inside. As a result, we were just shouting at each other for a while until I was able to convince them to listen to what I had to say and they were then able to do whatever they wanted following that.

I confessed to them about everything, from being bisexual and having a crush on Ashley to how Lily ended up living with me and becoming my girlfriend. In the end, I explained why I cut ties with Ashley completely.

They were pretty surprised when I told them the whole story, unable to comprehend what I had said. Nevertheless, as they calmed down and thought about it, they finally showed me some mercy.

They still scolded me that I shouldn't have acted violently, and I needed to put more thought into my actions. However, they weren't really shocked about me being interested in girls, which surprised me this time. I wasn't sure how, but I guess it was due to their instincts as parents.

~

I put out my cigarette and got into the car, turning the engine on. I drove away as I thought about what I should buy for lunch. I finally decided to stop by a nearby burger joint that was known for its delicious burgers. I quickly parked my car and ordered two burgers with fries to take out. However, I should've waited for a while since they were unbelievably busy.

To kill time, I decided to walk down the street. As I waited for my order to be prepared, my attention was drawn to a jewelry store while I wandered around for a while. After giving a quick glance at its rings, I felt that they would probably look great on Lily's finger if she wore them.
Giving Lily a ring could be seen as a symbol of my commitment, showing her how much she means to me. It could also deepen our relationship and create a sense of security since she's been insecure about our relationship.

Maybe it's the answer to our problems?...
Hmmm... Should I really get one?...

Upon entering the store, I saw a man in his mid-fifties with grey hair and tanned skin, smiling. "How can I help you, young lady?"

I looked around and then asked, "Can I take a look at the rings?"

He nodded his head and pointed his index finger at where the rings were. "These are our new products."

As I looked around, my eyes caught sight of a beautiful ring with a unique design. It was made of white gold, with a delicate pattern of small diamonds surrounding a large solitaire diamond. The craftsmanship was exquisite, and it exuded a sense of elegance. I was captivated by its beauty, and I couldn't help but imagine how stunning it would look on Lily's finger.

"Can I take a closer look at this one?" I asked again.

The man took out the ring and held it in front of me, saying, "This is a truly special ring. It's made of 24-karat gold, and the diamonds are of the highest quality. It has an exquisite design that will make a statement, perfect for those who value quality and luxury."

I took the ring from him and examined it, feeling a sense of excitement. I loved it. It was perfect, so I said without hesitation. "I'll take this one."

The man grinned, "What's your spouse's ring size? So I'll give you the right size."

I think for a few minutes, looking at my own fingers. Lily's fingers are slimmer than mine. "I guess it's the same size as my pinky finger?..."