Part 21: Unexpected ⚠️

*Trigger warning: Violence.*
.
.
.
Faith's POV:

[8:20 A.M.]

It's almost summer, but it's raining like hell!...

I got out of my house after saying goodbye to my parents and opened my umbrella, walking to the bus station.

"I don't like rainy days... It makes me depressed..." I muttered after a sigh...

While I was waiting for the bus, I pulled my phone out of my bag and dialed Diana's number.

"Beeeeep"... "Beeeeep"... "Beeeeep"...

I glanced at the screen in wonder, "Why doesn't she pick up?"

As I was lost in my thoughts, the bus stopped in front of me, and I got on. I sat next to the window and leaned my head against it, looking outside.

"Why am I getting anxious?..." I wondered again...

~

[08:50 A.M.]

After passing half an hour, I finally arrived in Diana's neighborhood. As I was walking towards the building, I noticed argumentive noises from the right side. I turned my head towards their voices unconsciously and saw the boy I saw the other day in front of the elevator, was having a quarrel with a girl!...

I squinted my eyes unconsciously to see what was going on, and that was when a slap came across the blonde boy's cheek. I flinched as my mouth was wide open in shock, watching the girl walk away furiously.

He stood there frozen, getting drenched in the rain while staring at the ground blankly...

Then I approached him and held the umbrella above his head. "That's what you get for being a playboy..."

He turned his gaze towards me with his furrowed eyebrows, and then his expression turned back to normal as soon as he noticed me. "Oh! Lonely girl!"

"At least I'm not a player like you!" I groaned and then turned away to walk to the building.

He followed me in a rush and snatched the umbrella out of my hand. "Let me hold this!" Then he rested his arm on my shoulders, which made me startled, and continued while we walked towards the entrance. "I'm not a playboy, though..."

I slipped out of his arm and said as I raised an eyebrow, "Then, are you a masochist who likes to get slapped?"

He chuckled at my question and said, "Haha~... No... That girl was married and lied to me about being single, so I asked her to break up... But, she just got mad at me funny..."

"That's ridiculous!" I stuttered.

He smiled at me, "I know, right?! Are you convinced now?"

I frowned and said, "Not yet... Why did you flirt with me the other day?..."

He rubbed the back of his neck shyly and mumbled, "I- I was just joking... Since you looked kinda cute with that disappointed face..."

I felt my face blush in response and muttered as I got flustered, "Playboy!~..."

~

We entered the building, and he gave back my umbrella as we stepped into the elevator. I raised my hand to press the button, but our index fingers bumped into each other as he also wanted to press the same one. I pulled back my hand quickly, "I guess we're on the same floor..."

He nodded and said, "Yep!... How strange that I hadn't seen you until now!"

"My friend is living here..." I replied.