Part 18: Confession

Diana's POV:

[Two weeks later] [20:35]

... Beep... Beep... Beep...

" Hey~ Diane~..." Lily finally answered her call.

"Why the hell are you not answering your phone?!" I asked, irritated.

-"Em~ I'm on my way home~ Sorry~ My phone was silent~..."

+"Where have you been that you're coming back this late?!"

-"I took a walk after work."

+"Alone?"

-"Yeah~... Oh! The bus is here~ See you soon!..."

I threw the phone on the couch after the call and muttered, "She's lying to me."

Faith was sitting on the couch, sipping her beer can with potato chips. "What makes you think so?"

"It's obvious, Faith! She's acting strange these days!" I groaned and sat next to her.

She looked at me and said, "Like what?"

+"First, her phone keeps buzzing with notifications, which means someone is definitely messaging her all the time! Second, she's coming late often as if meeting someone before coming back home! Third, she keeps avoiding eye contact while I'm questioning her!..."

Faith chuckled, "Oh my~ You sound exactly like a person whose wife cheats on them~ haha~"

I glared back at her, "Can we be serious for once?! You told me she liked me, Faith... And I confessed to her with that hope in my heart, but she ignored my confession. And look at my situation right now, I can't do anything if someone has already stolen her heart!... Like that annoying guy!"

-"I don't think she's dating someone, Dee... Just corner Lily against the wall. Ask about it and confess to her again... Next, 'Baam'... 'Kiss her'... And we're done~... I'm sure she'll give in to your wildness."

+"What if she comes to hate me?"

-"Girl! Stop being a coward because it doesn't suit you! You always get whatever you want! Plus, you're like a goddess to her... Just have faith in me."

+"Having faith in 'Faith'... Sounds like a scam..."

She smacked my head. "Don't mock my name!"

I rubbed the back of my head, "I swear to God if she's dating someone, I'll kill you!"

"Fine! Let's make a bet! I'll get 100$ if my assumption is true, and if it isn't, you can kill me!" She grumbled.

+"Fine!"

-"I've gotta go now. Good luck anyway~ Bastard~"

+"Thank you! Scammer..."

~

[21:03]

I was sitting still, trying to distract myself from my negative thoughts with a boring TV show until Lily finally arrived and opened the door.

"Hiii~ Dianeee~ " She said cheerfully.

I gritted my teeth in frustration and kept my gaze on the TV screen. "Hey."

Lily placed her bag and stuff in the bedroom and walked to the bathroom. Her phone was on the side table next to the bed and rang continuously for a while.
So I got up and grabbed her phone. Looking at its screen, "John" was the one who kept calling. I frowned and swept the green button to answer, "Yes."

He didn't speak for a few seconds and then said, "Why are you answering her call?"

+"Because you can't get when someone doesn't pick up your call for the first time, it means they can't answer at the moment."