Part 22: Unwanted Guest

Lily's POV:

"Did you say that you were scared of me?" Diana asked coldly without looking at me.

I don't know why, but her question made me short of breath. My hands were cold as ice as I clenched my fists on my lap nervously.

I muttered, "I'm s-sorry about that..."

I felt a sudden jolt as Diana started the engine. My heart raced as she slowly reversed the car out of the driveway, not answering me.

She was driving fast and carelessly, her eyes fixed on the road ahead. I could feel the tension in the air, and I knew something was wrong. She must've been mad at me for what I said earlier at the police station.

I gulped down my saliva anxiously and then said, "I j-just said something... S-stupid... I'm really sorry... I'm not scared of you."

Diana glanced at me for a second and smirked, "Your hands are literally trembling, and your eyes are wary. Then you say you're not?!"

As my gaze was fixed on the road and I couldn't even blink, I stuttered, "It's... Because you're driving too fast!!! We can get into an accident!..."

She ignored what I said and grumbled, "I just can't get why you should be afraid of me when I saved you!"

"I was just a bit shocked when you were throwing punches at him, smashing his face~... I was scared that you might... Kill him... If I hadn't stopped you then~..." I whined as tears streamed down my cheeks.

She laughed hysterically, "It would've been one less bastard in this world... What's wrong with that?"

My eyes widened in response, "What?!... How can you say that?!..."

"Why? Do you still pity him?" She asked, frustrated.

I raised my voice, "No! That's not what I meant!!!... What I'm trying to say is that you didn't have to be violent!"

She drove the car into the parking lot with the same speed, made the car's wheels screeching loudly, and pressed her feet on the brake after.

Diana remained silent for a while, then she said in a cold tone, "First, you said that I'm your role model and cherished me. Then you were disappointed in me unexpectedly just because I tried to get over Ashley by dating someone else. Next, you ignored my warnings about John and didn't trust me when I asked you not to hang out with him. You even lied to me for days and met him behind my back! But then again, you said you loved me!
AND NOW, you're scared of me just because I hit a piece of shit! Are you sure that you like ME?!"

Before I could say anything, she got out of the car and slammed the door shut. I opened the door nervously and followed her while she was rushing to the elevator. "Diane! Wait!..." I whined as I was crying.

As we got into the elevator, I tried to hug her, but she pushed me away while avoiding my gaze. I said, "I was wrong... Please... Look at me!... I'm sorry... Hm?!"

"You apologise bluntly even though you don't get what is wrong here..." she said and got out of the elevator.

I hurt her... I hurt her this whole time with my stupidity...

When we entered her apartment, Faith was walking back and forth in the living room. She walked towards Diana as soon as she noticed us and asked in panic, "What the heck happened?!!! What's this blood on you? Are you hurt?"

Diana said, "It's not my blood. I need to take a shower first... Ask Lily..." And then she walked away.

Faith glanced at me, "Why are you crying? You guys are giving me a heart attack!!!"