Part 4: An Odd Beginning

Diana's POV: [Present time]

As I opened my eyes in the morning, there were so many notifications on my phone:

[Employer Jay: Have you finished the coding yet?
Replied: I'll finish until tomorrow morning!]

[Ashley: Thanks for everything, Dee♡ We're heading for our honeymoon now... Take care.
Replied: No problem, Ash. Have fun there♡]

[Faith: I'm coming to your place. We need to finish our work!... The wedding is over, so no excuses! Eat something and be ready until I get there!
Replied: Fine!... Stop nagging!... ]

[Lily: Good morning (^-^). The weather is really pleasant today.]

I stared at Lily's text for a minute. How should I answer?!... Morning?!... And what's with the weather cliché talk?...

Since my dark navy curtains are closed, my room is too dark to see anything, and I'm not even interested in checking the weather outside.
However, that emoji thing is kinda cute, just like her... I grinned unknowingly and replied: [Morning, Lily. Have a nice day.]

Then I jumped out of bed to start my hellish day!... I headed to the bathroom and splashed cold water on my face to wake myself up. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror, thinking, "I don't wanna do anything~... But I'm already behind on my tight schedule because of Ashley. It's pretty depressing that I don't even have time to grief~..." I sighed.

~

My doorbell rang as I spread strawberry jam on toast while drinking my coffee and sitting in the kitchen. I walked to the doorway and opened the door, "Hey, Faith... Come on in..."

Faith stood there shocked, her eyes widening. I asked, "What's wrong?"

"That's what I should ask!... Why are you looking like this?!..." She said as she stepped inside and turned on the lights.

I headed back to eat my toast. "Looks like what?!..."

-"There's a dark aura around you as if you're possessed by an evil spirit or something!... Wasn't the wedding fun?!..."

+"I'm just drained physically since I've been helping her out with no breaks."

-"You poor thing~... always give in to her demands easily ~... " She sighed and walked to my office room, where we work together on our projects.

I picked up my coffee and sat behind my desk, starting our work. "Let's do it, Faith!..."

We worked and worked, AND WORKED!!!...

~

[4:48 AM]

It was around dawn when our work was finally done. I stretched my whole body out of exhaustion and said, "Faith~... I feel like dying~..."

"Saaaaaameeee~~~... Girllll~... Let's just pass out on your bed. I can't stay awake any longer~"...

We both stumbled into my bedroom and just collapsed onto the bed. As we lay down, Faith fell asleep instantly. I checked my phone and saw Lily's messages:

[ 18:07 : (Sent a meme)
18:46 : (Sent a meme)
19:32 : Hey, are you busy?...
19:34 : I was wondering when you would be free?
20:14 : (Sent a photo)
20:14 : I want to give your jacket back.
23:20 : ((T_T))
24:03 : Seems you're really busy. Goodnight :-( ]

I rubbed my face, frustrated, and put down my phone. "She's indeed persistent!... I'll message her later..." and fell asleep right away...

~

[10:32 AM]

As we were still sleeping, my phone rang nonstop... Faith grumbled, "Shut down that damn phone!" And fell back to sleep.