Part 5: RollerCoaster of Lily's Emotions

Lily's POV: [Ashley's wedding day, 18:30]

As I entered the place where Ashley's wedding was hosted, my whole body shivered with anxious thoughts.

I couldn't help but get stressed since I was conscious of Diana's situation. I sensed the love she felt for Ashley through her eyes that day.

Ashley isn't just her friend. She was more than that to Diana, and I could've felt that right away.
I kept repeating myself that I wished I'd gotten it all wrong. I wished that I hadn't noticed her true feelings for Ashley.

Witnessing this wedding while I'm aware of Diana's heartbreaking feelings, who's always been someone I've admired a lot, is too difficult to handle because unconsciously, it reminds me of my own past.

During the whole ceremony, my gaze was only fixed on Diana, and I was becoming more and more sure about that fact, which made my heart crumble in pain.

~

[21:15]

As the wedding was coming to an end, I couldn't hold myself back anymore.
I was overwhelmed by my feelings as if something was stuck in my throat...

I approached Diana while she was smoking and watching them hurtfully from afar. Tears rolled down my cheeks when Diana's gaze turned on me. I finally asked her, "You like her, don't you?"

Diana was dumbfounded by my sudden question, and I held her hand as I wanted to comfort her.

My emotions were pouring out, and I wasn't able to stop them...

That was the first time I saw her getting pissed despite her usual calm self. She dragged me with force to the point that my wrist was hurting from her tight grasp, but since I was the reason behind it, I couldn't tell her that it hurt...

She took me to the bathroom and slammed me against the wall. I assumed that I caused her to panic a bit, which was perfectly understandable since who wouldn't panic when a stranger suddenly mentions something you'd always kept hidden...

Despite my best efforts, I couldn't come up with the right words to explain why I suddenly acted this way... Instead of comforting her, I became a burden on her shoulders that night...
She took care of and consoled me to calm me...

While Diana was fixing my make-up, she suddenly licked her thumb and rubbed it against my lips, which made me flinch in a surprise...
My heart was beating loudly, and I could feel that my cheeks were blushed...
As if we had an indirect kiss!...

~

[1:00]

As Diana took me home after the wedding ended and I got out of her car, I then sneaked into my room quietly, trying not to make any sound since everyone was sleeping...

I was over the moon~ feeling incredibly excited~

" I GOT DIANA'S NUMBER ON MY
PHONE!...
COULD YOU EVER IMAGINED THAT?...."

I know I've been a nuisance to her these past six months...
I know that she's been through a hard time these days...
And I was indeed empathised with her...
But I couldn't stop myself from the ecstasy that had been a long time since I felt it...
Her unfortunate turned into an opportunity for me...
Am I a horrible person, feeling like this?!...
My conscience started to tingle within me...
In a split second, a sudden guilt came over me...

"I AM TRULY A HORRIBLE PERSON...
HOW CAN I BE HAPPY RIGHT NOW?..."

I looked at her profile sorrowfully for a while, and then I decided to text her to thank her for tonight and also say goodnight as we have become friends now...