Part 3: What's this strange feeling?

Lily's POV: [Four and a half months before Ashley's wedding.]

I was at home as usual, lying down on my bed and putting my headphones on since my parents were fighting again. I just couldn't tolerate their loud voices and the intensity in the living room, so that was how I ended up locking myself in my room.

Wish it'd be over soon...

As I listened to my sad playlist, and covered my eyes with my forearm, I felt tears slowly rolling down my cheeks...

After crying for a while, I opened the Instagram, and stared at the private Diana's profile. Wondering if I could follow her now that we met or not... To tell you the truth, I made a fake account last year to check her.
I know it's creepy, but we'd all do something crazy like that for once...

However, I'd like to follow her with my real account so that maybe she would also follow me back and chat together sometimes.

Even though I was hesitant to press the follow button, I did it in the end because I was extremely anxious. I tried to distract myself by scrolling through other pages but I could not help but feel my heart racing and my palms sweating. After what felt like an eternity, I finally saw the notification that she had accepted my follow up request. However, she didn't follow me back, which disappointed me immensely.
"What a bittersweet moment!... Just as I assumed she wasn't interested in me at all..."

I quickly shut down my phone and took a few deep breaths. "It's okay... It'll be okay~... " I whispered to myself.

~

One month has passed quickly, and Ashley's engagement party finally came.

I wore a simple light blue short dress with silver high-heels and a silver mini hand bag and done a light make-up, with curly loose hair.

As I entered the party which was held in Ashley's family backyard, I saw Ashley was filled with excitement and joy as her family and friends gathered to celebrate.

The backyard was filled with decorations in Ashley's favorite colors, flowers and twinkling lights and a buffet table of food. Music was playing in the background, creating a joyful atmosphere. Guests were gathered, catching up with each other and laughing. Ashley and Sam were surrounded by their families, with everyone taking turns congratulating her and wishing her well. There was a sense of excitement and anticipation in the air.

I searched for Diana in the crowds, and found her standing beside Alex chatting with him, wearing a black 2 Piece Open Front Long Sleeve Blazer, white blouse underneath and Solid Short Pants Suit Set with Black Ribbon Jane Ballerina Flats.
I was surprised to see her dressed up. She usually dressed more casually.
I approached them quietly and said, "Hey~ everyone~..."

Alex said hello back to me first, and then Diana turned her head towards me, observing me with her unfazed expression. "Hi, Lily... You're late this time."

My heart skipped a beat as I heard what she said...
She noticed me!... She knew I wasn't here on time!... I answered shyly with a smile, "Yeah~... Getting ready took longer than I expected~... hehe~..."

She grinned and dropped her head down, staring at the Champaign in her hand. As I stared at her I realised that she was just trying to be polite towards me...
Then she took a sip from her glass and said, "Let's get you a drink!" And put her arm lightly on my back and led me to the table. I felt as if my back got electrified by her tender touch.

Diana handed me a glass of Champaign, "Here~". I looked at her and said, "Thanks!"...

She just gave me a grin and turned her attention to Ashley and Sam busy dancing. As her smile faded in a second, I got a weird feeling deep down in my heart.
I glanced at Ashley for a moment and then again, Diana... I knew something was off, but I couldn't put my finger on it...