4.

Okay, so I noticed we are gaining readers ey? So let's put this up, I have about half the story ready in my draft, I'll keep updating as soon as you guys reach your goals

Okay, so I noticed we are gaining readers ey? So let's put this up, I have about half the story ready in my draft, I'll keep updating as soon as you guys reach your goals. I am really thankful that you all are giving this book a chance, and I would love if you guys show your love to it. As soon as we reach, 5 votes and 3 comments, next chapter will be up <3 thank you.
_______________________
Siya

"What?! But how? In such less time?"

Papa stood up from his seat, as everybody in the house was running around to get ready. My eyes looked forward with interest when I saw him frown and panicked. He spoke up defeated, "How can one arrange somebody and prepare in time as well dhiraj?" He held his head, as Nishant Bhai stopped raising an eyebrow at dad.

"Getting a new event manager, as well as decorations, lightings, music; Everything? Impossible." Papa concluded. He denied fervently, "There's no chance."

The other side said a few words that made his expression worse and he stared ahead. As soon as the call ended he slumped down on the couch, utterly exhausted and exasperated. Nishant Bhai questioned in concern, "Everything good, Papa?"

Papa shook his head, sighing. "Rana Sa fired all the event managers because of their incompetency." Nishant Bhai's eyes widened, as he asked shocked, "Right now? There's almost to no time left for the event!"

Indar Bhai who had listened on the conversation exhaled as he nodded, "Okay, wait..., I." He hesitated before sighing, "I'll contact a few Event managers, and check if any of them can fulfill today's spot."

Nishant Bhai nodded determined as well, "I'll check how much work is required in the palace, and atleast get the basics in place." Papa shook his head frustrated, "You don't get it beta, we will be too late to look for new event managers and come to a negotiation."

"Almost no event manager would take up such a short notice job, and that too at the Chauhan's event. Its impossible to find someone!" The room fell under deafening silence as I stared at their defeated faces.

Was this Rana sa an idiot?

I mean who fires people in such short notice? Atleast look at the situation before acting. Thank god, the country is democratic, else he would definitely have made an impulsive monarch.

But I also knew that my Papa as well as Brothers' jobs were on line here. I hesitated before speaking up, "Papa?"

Papa looked up at me, "Yes, Siyu?"

I halted before taking a deep breath and started speaking, "At college, It's always me who manages the annual functions...," Nishant and Indar Bhai's eyes lit up as they stared at me, but Papa instantly refused, "Siya, this isn't possible. This is far much more official than some college festival."

He explained agitatedly, "Thousands of eyes, media, the world will be looking at the Chauhan's Palace of Jodhpur and nothing can go wrong. I can't let you have such a big responsibility, what if you mess up?"

Indar Bhai suddenly spoke up, "Papa. I have an idea."

Papa looked at him hopefully as he asked, "What idea?" Indar Bhai glanced at me, as he carefully spoke up. "Papa, I have a friend..., Actually a professional and reputed event organiser."

I huffed, I could have helped still.

Papa seemed ecstatic as he spoke up, "What are you waiting for then, beta? Call him, and invite him as soon as possible! The money will be hefty."

Indar Bhai scratched his head, "He will come over if I ask him to, but...," Papa looked at him confused, "But what beta?"

"He lives 2 hours away from here." Papa looked at him desperately, "I can arrange for a helicopter." Bhai shook his head, refuting, "Not possible papa. The area where he lives is way too packed, landing won't be possible."

Papa shook his head agitatedly, "Beta that will be way too late! We will never make it."

Indar Bhai shook his head speaking slowly, "We can...,"

"If someone can handle the decorations, lightings and music and seating arrangements for the next two hours." Nishant Bhai completed as if catching on Indar Bhai's thoughts.

Both of their eyes landed on me, and mine widened. What?

Papa still were a little reluctant, "It's too Risky, Indar. This isn't a family function, it's a royal feast. Absolutely nothing can go wrong."

Indar Bhai argued, "It's only for as long as my friend reaches. He would definitely be able to manage anything that happens later on, I am sure Siya can handle where flowers are to be placed or where lightings are supposed to be Papa."

I nodded, Only Indar Bhai understands me and my talent.

"Yes, Papa I also have a few years of experience and I'm almost perfect when it comes to adjusting things."

Papa shook his head, "Almost perfect isn't enough, you have to be perfect to work for the royals, Siyu." Nishant Bhai exhaled, "Papa, we aren't asking you for just giving the whole function to Siya to handle. We are just asking your permission to let cooperate with almost perfect whilst we get your perfect here."

Papa mulled over his words for a while before he nodded hesitantly, finally giving his agreement. "If you believe it will work out."

Nishant Bhai looked at me and I nodded, running to grab my bag from the room as he got the car out for dropping me off to Palace, while Indar Bhai had already been talking to his friend on call.

I had never been to the palace before, and the fact that the first time of me visiting the palace, was also my first time working with palace. I felt a nervous and intimidating feeling in my stomach as my heart acted wierdly. I clutched my dupatta tightly, looking ahead as Bhai drove, why did I feel so nervous?

This wasn't something I was doing for the first time, I almost was the most comfortable in this department of work during annual functions, so why did I feel so intimidated? Calm down Siya, it's just an event.

I assured myself, lost in my own thoughts. I breathed deeply, opening my phone to distract me. Opening pinterest for some inspiration, I browsed a bit. A sigh left my lips when the nerve wrecking feeling didn't leave me. When Bhai stopped by the Palace, my heart beat suddenly rose up. I gulped, as I got down of the car staring at the proud palace that stood in front of me.

The fortress that showcased the proud rajwadi history. The pride in each brick of the palace, as if taken directly from their monarch's pulsing blood. Even the walls of the palace screamed power, and when I lifted my feet to enter the palace it was as if I was enchanted.

Why did it feel as if my life would change if I entered the palace?