21.

Days passed, it was as if silence had descended upon the Sharma's home

Days passed, it was as if silence had descended upon the Sharma's home. Inconsolable after that night, Siya had locked herself up in her room. Her eyes swollen from tears, cheeks a permanent shade of red as she refused to move out or eat. Suhani or Disha would bring her food and water and convince her to eat but Siya never took more than a few bites before again isolating herself to her tears. She did hear about Yuvraaj's proposal.

She had heard the shouts downstairs that had become a permanent thing in her house, her brothers fiercely rejected letting their sister marry somebody she didn't wish to. Pankaj grew more and more sickly each day, his love for his daughter far too much to hurt her just because he owed something to the Chauhans. He would never let her suffer for him.

Nishant frequently flew into rage as he heard a single word from aradhya about Siya's marriage. "Aise kaise chale Jaane du Mai Chhoti ko unke Ghar Mai?!" He yelled, banging his hand when his mother glared at him. "Toh kya uske kaaran apne kaam ko laat maroge?!"

Nishant clenched his jaw, "Arey nahi chahiye aisi Naukri jiske liye behen ko bechna pade mujhe!" He screamed, making Aradhya flinch. Tears in her eyes, she didn't back down, "Ladki hai woh, kabhi na Kabhi toh shaadi karegi!"

"Jab uska mann hoga tab woh shadi karegi, Tumhare bolne se nahi Aradhya!" Pankaj spoke angrily. His wife staring at him with frustrated tears. All the male of their family worked under Yuvraaj, who knew what would happen if they declined. Their name had already been reduced to dust the night Yuvraaj dropped her off so late night.

The women in the colony seeing her walking out that too after the king. A young beautiful lady, and a rich man. Who cares about the age, if she can satisfy well?

Words had flew out, terrible terrible words. Words that made Aradhya look down in shame when she walked out of the house, all because of her.

If Siya had not been such a shameless girl, her family would not have broken apart. She lost all the respect she had just because Siya couldn't handle her hormones.

She came out of her venomous thoughts when she heard Pankaj gasping for breath. "Papa!" Indar rushed forward holding him, as Pankaj clutched his chest, sitting down finding it difficult to breath. "Suhani, Papa ki dawai!" Suhani ran getting the meds before giving it to Indar who made Pankaj swallow them down. Aradhya had tear flowing down her eyes as she stared at her husband, groaning in pain. Her heart not being able to take his condition and in her frustration she looked at him. His condition, all because of that useless daughter!

She stormed upstairs, her eyes roughly wiping down her tears, as she banged Siya's room door. Siya who had curled up, flinched looking up. Her eyes filling with tears when she saw her mother.

Aaradhya hadn't seen her since that day. She never came to her room, neither asked of her. Seeing her she stood up, with wobbly lips, "M-maa--"

Slap!

Her head turned to the left, as she froze. Shock consuming her as she felt the taste of blood explode in her mouth. A ringing sting on her cheeks, but aradhya might as well have stabbed Siya straight in heart. Siya looked towards her Maa with a hurt expression as she didn't recognise the venomous woman who stood infront of her. "Thoda sharam karle!" Her mother screamed, as tears streamed down her face.

Siya stared at her, face twisted in pain. Aaradhya grabbed her arm suddenly, making her wince as Aradhya dragged her. Siya whimpered, trying to free herself as she cried, "M-maa! Maa! Maa dard h-ho Raha hai!" Aradhya's hold tightened, when she suddenly pushed her forward making her stumble. She held her hair pulling her towards her father and yelled, "Dekh tere Karan kya haal hogaya mere parivaar ka!"

Siya's eyes filling with tears as she stared at her papa who sat their gasping for breath, when she heard her mother sobbing. "Arey dayaan, Ek baar main maar daal agar maarna hai toh, aise kyu dard de rahi hai hume?!"

"Maa!" Indar sternly looked at his mother who just glared at him, "Tu kuch mat bol Indar! Tumne hi iska mann badha Diya hai!"

She shook Siya screaming, "Aur taqlif mat de, chali Jaa tu shaadi karke! Bheek mangti hu Mai tujhse."

Siya sobbed, her tears continuously as she heard her Maa. Her knees weakening as she crumbled down on the floor. She cried, "Maa, mujhe maaf kardo." She begged for forgiveness over something that she never did. Fate had cruel plans.

"Maa, ma-mai karungi shaadi, mujhe maaf kardo, please." She begged her Maa. Nishant who could never tolerate it, pulled her up as he wiped her tears. He spoke sternly with a clenched jaw, "Paagal hai kya, tiny?! Age dekhi hai teri?"

He wiped her tears continuously, his hands clenching as he fought the urge to break something. "Koi shaadi nahi karni, you will live with me. Tera Bhai sab dekhlega."

He hugged his crying baby sister, who sobbed. "B-bhai, Maa is mad." She tightened her arms around her brother, "Maa is crazy, she will come back to her right senses don't worry." Nishant comforted her in a soothing voice glaring at his mother. Siya shook her head, crying harder, "B-bhai, I-if I do-dont do it....it will harm you right?" She was young but not stupid.

Nishant's jaw clenched, "Nothing will happen to your Bhai, chhoti. You do what you want."

Siya's cries grew weaker with each second, as her eyes grew heavier. Her voice silencing, as she slowly lost consciousness in her brother's arms. Nishant trying to calm his anger, he stared ahead. Breathing heavily, he stood up with Siya in his arms. His jaw taut, as he carried his sister up towards her room. Her tear stained face his only memory, he found it hard to breath. Covering her with a duvet he stared at her long, as he promised her silently.

Ro mat, chhoti. Tera Bhai sab dekhlega.
_________________________

Nishant Bhai...any thoughts changed?

What are your thoughts on Aradhya? Her father?

On yuvraaj? Also do you think what is happening with our baby is right?

Goal: 35 votes and 20 comments. Common, you guys can do it! Love,
Aesthetephilist.