29.

-The day of the engagement -

-Yuvraaj -

I looked at small crowd, My heart sighing as I looked at them.

Marriage was a huge responsibility, a really big step in our lives and a life long decision. Yet as I was about to start it with Siya, I didn't feel the weight of responsibility. The big step not big enough and the life long decision only a fleeting moment.

It was before the engagement, before the proposal, I was sure Siya had become a huge part of my life, yet when the words were to condense from the air and engrave in our souls, the only thing I felt was gut wrenching regret of entering a suffocating relationship with my Siya. She didn't deserve this.

I didn't deserve her.

She was the sun, shining brightly, and I was the moon that reflected the life she bestowed me with.

She was a little, delicate dove and I the monster whose life depended on the dove, and seemed to have captured her.

She was the world, and I a mere speck of dust in her presence.

People called me their king, the heir of the throne, the master of Rajasthan, yet it seemed I was ready to bow to her. I smiled bitterly, yet all I could give her was hurt.

"Rana Sa?" Dhiraj called me out.

"Yes?"

"Sir..., You have been waiting for quite a long time..., people are starting to whisper." My eyes looked at the small crowd. They were all relatives. The marriage was supposed to be done subtly, I didn't wish Siya to have to see a huge crowd as it could get overwhelming.

Yet they all were starting to look at us suspiciously, true to Dhiraj's words. Siya's presence was still not seen around the room.

Suddenly worry hit my chest.

Is she alright?

Maa Sa was starting to look angry, and even dad looked quite uncomfortable. Avyaan raised an eyebrow at me silently. I looked down, my mind racing.

She wouldn't do this on purpose. Was it she was hurt?

My eyes flashed, and before I knew it the worry was spreading like a wildfire in my chest. I got down from the stage, when suddenly sidharth came infront of me. "Bhai sa, where are you going?"

I looked at him, seriously. "Checking on Siya."

A small teasing grin slipped on his face as he moved away. I moved away without a reaction.
__________________________________
-Siya-

Tears ran down my face as Maa and Papa all looked down at me worriedly. Even Zoya who had only just arrived in time for engagement looked at me, with concern. "Siyu, it's getting late beta." Maa coaxed me, as a sob left my lips.