28

"Chup

"Chup. Ekdam chup, Siya."

My jaw was clenched, as I looked ahead. What tradition, if she can't even walk without falling? I don't need a tradition, that harms my little dove.

Siya stared at me dumbfounded for a moment before screeching, loudly.

"Have you lost your mind, Rana Sa?! Put me down this instant!" I narrowed my eyes at her in my arms, before speaking up trying to keep the frustration out of my voice. "Siya, You would fall the second step that you take if I put you down. I can't let you get hurt little dove."

Siya's jaw clenched, as she shook her head stubbornly, "This is wrong---"

"I don't care what's right or wrong, if it involves you, Siya."

Siya continued struggling in my arms, and my jaw clenched at how fast our families descended, with no care in the world. If I wouldn't have been there, wouldn't she be struggling all alone?

It was a good thing, I didn't trust her family and came with her. Siya stared at me, continuously jabbing my arm with her finger. "Put me down, put me down, put me down," I ignored her, so she still continued incessantly increasing her jabs, "Put me down, put me down, put me down, Put me down, put me down, put me down,Put me down, put me down, put me down,---"

"Stop it, Siya. What if we both fall?" She paused, making me take a sigh of relief when she stopped poking holes. Deep in thought she stared at me, before a devilish smile appeared on her face. She started poking my arm again, "Put me down, put me down, put me down,Put me down, put me down, put me down,Put me down, put me down, put me down,Put me down, put me down, put me down,Ahhhhhh---"

People turned their heads, as Siya started kicking her legs. My jaw clenched, "Siya. Stop acting like a kid, I don't want to lose my balance."

She looked at me expectantly, "If I stop, will you put me down?" I felt my lips twitch. This little dove ...

I nodded. "Yes, I will. I will put you down, don't worry." And she became quiet.

I looked down, a smirk riding up my face and she looked at me confused. She started, "Wha--" when I put her down.

I lifted my hand on face, to hide my chuckle behind a cough when she turned to descend the stairs.

She stopped.

Oh my poor, little dove.

When she started talking, we had already descended the stairs. So riled up, she didn't even notice. Both our families, looked at us with raised eyebrows, and I ignored them.

But when my little dove finally turned with accusing eyes, I couldn't hold my chuckle at her adorableness.

How sweet, Siya.