3.

Yuvraaj

Yuvraaj

"Yuvraaj, if we clear out this small village by ranthambore maybe we could increase our hotel ranges which would provide better travelling experience leading to more tourists in the area." Ruhaanika Mandal, one of the leading businesswoman in the field of hotels stared at me.

"Ms. Mandal, with all due respect, people of my Kingdom are at my best interest, and your plan does not align with those interest. Eradicating people of their homes for some shitty chain of hotels doesn't sound nearly as enticing to me as you would hope for. " I spoke up, looking straight in her eyes as she flushed in embarrassment. "If these are the kinds of deals you are going to be cracking in upcoming meetings, I advise you waste not your nor my time."

I got up, walking out of the meeting room, fixing my coat. "Hukum Sa, Raani Maa Sa has been calling over and over again." I glanced at my P.A, "Something you can't handle?"

His face flushed as spoke up, "Hukum she is furious. She demands your presence at the palace as soon as possible."

I sighed, nodding. "Let Maa know, I'll be at the palace soon." Dhiraj nodded, "Right away, Hukum."

"Get the car ready."

"Ji, hukum."

__________________________________

The Haveli was in chaos as Raani Sa flew into rage, angry glares at the workers, "What are you all doing? This place is so messy, what are you guys paid for?!"

Siddharth winced, "Maa's very angry, chhote. What do you think will happen to staff now?" Avyaan fixed his glasses rolling his eyes, "You should worry about what will happen to you first Bhai. You aren't even ready yet."

On cue, Parvati Raani Sa's voice boomed, "Siddharth!"

Siddharth's eyes widened as he hissed, "You jinxed me!" Avyaan grinned, but couldn't for longer when he also came under radar, "Avyaan!"

He squinted his eyes turning back with Siddharth, "Maa...," Raani Sa held up a hand, "Bas, ek shabd nahi!"

"When will you both get ready for the function? Do you guys hold no responsibilities?" A sigh left their lips as they looked down. Here goes maa's rant.

"Yuvraaj, as it is doesn't listen to me, now you both have also started putting me under burden." They rolled their eyes. Exactly, all the rants, they are only towards us, none towards Yuvraaj Bhai.

"When you all were young, you always used to be like,

"Yes, Rani Maa"

"Okay, Rani maa."

"Whatever Rani maa asks."

And now that you all have grown up, God knows konsi jawaani chadh gayi hai."

They winced internally, preparing for her wrath, "One doesn't want to get married, One only looks at his wife, and Avyaan!" She pointedly narrowed her eyes at the youngest, who smiled innocently, "What were you doing Throughout the day?"

Avyaan internally cursed, why me?

Rani Sa smiled sarcastically, "I will throw away that Play station or whatever of yours." She threatened. "You will lose your eyes, it's all this technology's fault! My kids will go blind behind this mobile, Videogames and Laptop!"

She continued ranting before her eyes fell on the door, and a wince left her lips, "Arey! That wasn't where I wanted those orchids! Hey bhagwaan, I have useless Kids, and just as much useless staff!" She hurried off.

"I see your mother is angry, Kiddos?" The kids turned back to see their father, Rajveer Singh Chauhan looking at his wife who was barking orders left and right. Siddharth nodded, "Bhai isn't home yet and Mom is worried he will show up as a cave man directly from work."

Rajveer Singh Chauhan sighed shaking his head, "That big brother of yours..., So hard headed." They nodded before stauntering to their rooms respectively.

"Rani sa! Yuvraaj Hukum is here." The door man came in, announcing the return of the eldest son of hers, stopping her rage.

The voice of footsteps, leather hitting the polished floor showcasing the dominance of the man demanded the attention as the whole hallway turned silent. People bowed as the King of Rajasthan passed by, and his mother finally let out a sigh of relief. "Yuvraaj, Beta you're finally back."

Raana Sa stopped infront of his mother, kneeling to touch her feet that made the older woman smile softly at her eldest son. When he got up he glanced at the servants that hurriedly worked away, he spoke up. "Rani Maa, this work isn't yours. You should get ready for the function."

Parvati sighed, "But beta, see how much work is still left, how can I let any single mistake happen at a party held by the Chauhans?"

He held her shoulder, staring at her with soft eyes. His face as always, showcasing no emotions but his eyes spilled all the respect he held for his mother, "Maa, that is exactly why we have 6 Event managers handling the situation. Go, get ready."

Parvati not being able to say anything against her son only smiled, nodding and walked away to get ready. As soon as his mother was out of sight, his expression turned dark. His cold voice commanded, "Fire those useless event managers. New ones should be on line, in one hour. I want everything in place before the party starts."

"B-but Rana sa--"

"I don't pay to raise idle incompetent useless people, Dhiraj."

Dhiraj's face paled, as he stared at his boss's back horrified. How could he find an event manager and prepare the party in less than 4 hours?

________________________

Yuvraaj walked into his room, sighing as he saw a navy blue sherwani laid on his bed. One more evening, his Maa would try to match make him to those vain princess.

Yuvraaj could never understand why she gave so much thoughts on his marriage, when she knew forcing would only be vain and other than occasional headaches it was upto no good.

Yuvraaj Singh Chauhan did only what he found fitting. No one could force him to do otherwise, and absolutely none could stop him from doing what he wanted.

He had seen how love could end once, his heart pinched as his eyes slid towards the picture on the wall. Pain flashing his eyes, as he stared at the picture of the smiling lady he once adored with all his being. He looked away, his jaw clenching.

Never falling in love.