26.

It was as if after Siya's yes, a catalyst sped up the process

It was as if after Siya's yes, a catalyst sped up the process. The dates for the wedding out, everything already getting finalised. The announcement of the wedding not out yet, but definitely the continuous coming and going of the royal family was a sure sign big enough for the neighborhood to be suspicious.

Even when Parvati didn't like Siya one bit, she knew her son would be happy, hearing the news. Regarding how much Yuvraaj loved his little dove, how he spent countless nights under the star imagining her face and smile, imagining her love everybody had thought he would be over the moon when the news was dropped.

Even Rajveer along with his sons had accepted Siya into their family with only one word from Yuvraaj. But disappointingly so, when Yuvraaj heard the words, only a flash of pain passes his eyes as he gave a quiet soft smile to his mother thanking her.

Even after that, Yuvraaj isolated himself far more than regularly, making Parvati worried. He would come back home late, work all day long sometimes even skipping his sleep. Why did it seem he was upset with the wedding?

Even when the whole family had went ahead to meet Siya's family, Yuvraaj made excuse of working which made Nishant frown displeased. What kind of man was his boss? Even when he is about to marry a lady, he couldn't care less.

With such though, Nishant again started pestering Siya to rethink the Marriage.

Siya on the other hand didn't budge from her decision, this marriage meant alot to her family, her mother. Even when the news was released every body in her family had been delighted except her brothers. The marriage date was fixed with in a month as both the families ushered into the wedding without feeling it necessary to consult the bride or the groom.

Whilst Siya's emotional behaviour was of no surprise to the family, Yuvraaj's silence and passive attitude struck them like lightening.

Yuvraaj sighed, his eyes holding tiredness in them but it seemed as if he was determined drowning in the work. Siya's face lighting up in his memories making him close his eyes, leaning back in his chair. A dull ache present in his chest, as he was reminded of her crying face. Yeh kya karrahi hai aap, Siya?

Thoughts tormenting his mind, he took in a deep breath. With a sweet smile, she stared back at him and the dull ache intensified into blooming pain. She'd hate me forever.

"Hukum!"

Yuvraaj opened his eyes, frowning as he looked at Dhiraj who had entered with a barreling force. He breathed heavily, as he looked at Yuvraaj. His expression exhausted but filled with excitement that made Yuvraaj raise an eyebrow at him. Dhiraj calmed himself down, speaking with excitement evident. "Hukum, Ms. Sharma is here."