31.

-Yuvraaj-

A vase hit the ground, as Maa Sa glared at me. "What did you think when you were postponing the wedding, Yuvraaj?!" I kept quiet, listening to her as she screamed. "What about our respect? Have you forgotten your position, Yuvraaj Singh Chauhan?!"

"Maa Sa." Sidharth quietly interrupted. His eyes held the same puzzled look, yet he stood his point. "Bhai Sa did it, so he must have thought carefully before doing such a thing."

I didn't.

Merely because there was nothing to think for. My little dove was in pain, there was no reason, no questions, no thoughts for me to think about before comforting my queen.

What thought?! Aisi kya museebat aan padi thi ki, tumhare Bhai Sa ne humari shaan ko aise hawa Mai uda Diya?" She glared at me.

"Hum tumse puch rahe hai, Yuvraaj! Kyu engagement postpone ki aapne? Itne saare guests ke saamne kaise aapne itni badi announcement kardi aapne?"

I looked at her, quietly speaking, "She was in pain."

She looked at me blankly, as if waiting for me o say more. To explain something, but I didn't. There was nothing to explain, nothing more left to say.

She looked at me bewildered, "Aur? She was in pain, so what Yuvraaj?" I looked away, my palm clenching, I felt far away from maa sa. "I couldn't watch it, Maa Sa. Couldn't bear her tears Maa."

Her eyes softened, as if all of a sudden her anger had all but dissolved. She walked upto me, her hands cupping my face she spoke, uvi, Teri engagement thi woh, bete. You're the King, jiski position sabse upar hai. You can't play with your place so lightly, beta."

I didn't look in her eyes, refused to believe the disdain in her eyes for Siya. Maa Sa had been the kindest, how could I be able to see in her eyes, and still think of her the same when she didn't feel an ounce of respect for my Siya?

I couldn't let her go,my Maa Sa, she was above the world. Still, how could I bare any disdain for my little dove?
This wasn't her fault.

"She was hurt maa, I couldn't see it." When I finally looked into her eyes, I was almost sure my vulnerability reflected in my eyes if not from my voice.

She stared at me, for a few second before I saw the gradual hardening of them. "You love her?"

"I do." I said without hesitation. She was my mother, before being the queen she was my maa. There was no reason to hide it. I spoke, "I love her, as if I need her to breath, to think to live. I love her as if it's the only thing keeping me alive maa."

I chuckled, "Maa Sa, aapko toh pata hai na..., Why I never wanted to fall in love? Kyu kabhi hamne humare kamre se un tasveero ko nahi hataya?" I looked away at the searing pain, "After what happened," I swallowed seeing a flash of pain in maa sa's eyes, "Jo kuch bhi hua..., bohot koshish ki Maine maa, nahi rok paya khudko maa."

Just thinking of my little dove, a small smile lifted up my face, "pata nahi maa, kyu itna pyaar aata hai hume uspe. She's..., everything."

"Yet she doesn't love you?"

Her words were filled with quiet pain, as she looked me in the eyes. Her question hanging between us, and I passed her a weak smile, "Love isn't a debt, Maa. I can't expect her to love me, if I love her."

Her eyes hardened, "But what do you lack? You have money, you hold power, care for her, even good looks and could give her the world? What does my son lack that she dare not love?"

She spoke sniffing, "My son holds the world in his palms, what qualifications does she have to reject this gem?"

"Yuvi, beta she is stupid to hurt you. Leave her." A laugh escaped my lips at her childish words. For my Maa Sa, the only thing that mattered was her son, so much that she thought that I had the power to stop loving Siya.

"Maa Sa, I wouldn't have hurt you if I could will myself to not love her." I held her hands as she cried hugging me, "It is wrong! Why is it always my child that fails in love?!" I felt myself stiffen as she tightened her hold on me.

"Nobody is as capable as my children, my child deserves the best! Why can't she love you, Yuvi?" She cried, and I wasn't capable to console her.
______________________________

Love was a beautiful rose, yet it's thorn cut both the fingers and its own petals if touched without care.

His love maybe pure, maybe sincere but what was it, if only hurting his loved ones? No one was happy. What was the point if he could not keep his own mother or love from crying.

What use was of such relations that were built on hurting his loved ones? Yuvraaj felt as if he had only caused hurt to his loved ones.

His mother when she finally calmed down, sniffled. "Avyaan?"

"Ji Maa Sa?" The youth who had been quiet all along finally spoke up.

"Call the Sharma's to the dinner. Its late, how would it reflect on us if we let them leave without proper food?" Parvati Chauhan wouldn't be anything if not somebody whose pride soared the sky.

When both Avyaan and Yuvraaj left the room, Parvati's face hardened. Siya Sharma, watch as I bring your arrogance down.

_______________________________

Yuvraaj who had been quiet, spoke up. "Request them to stay the night. Its too late, and travelling would be difficult in their current state?"

Avyaan raised an eyebrow, "Why should I? They are your in-laws, wouldn't it look too much if I asked?" Yuvraaj sighed, "If I even so much as say a word, Siya would rather die than stay. She must be tired."

Avyaan stared at his brother, "Bhai Sa, woh is shaadi se sehmat nahi."

Yuvraaj stopped in his tracks, his face going blank. How could he not know that already?

Avyaan shook his head, bitterly, "You know it don't you?" Yuvraaj nodded, "How could I not?"

"Then Why?"

"The society wouldn't let her family live, and her mother..., I don't want any harm to touch her." The words Yuvraaj spoke were definite. "Go, and make sure they are comfortable."

He looked down, thinking. When Avyaan was about to leave he called out, "Avyaan."

"Ji Bhai Sa?"

"When they are done, I want to meet Nishant."

Avyaan raised an eyebrow but didn't question when he left.

Yuvraaj exhaled, Time to face consequences of his actions.

____________________________________

A belated new year's gift? Another chapter as the main gift will be uploaded today as well <3

Hope you all enjoyed.

Love ya,
Aesthetephilist