18.

Scared and her head hung low, Siya staggered in the house tears still continuously leaving her eyes

Scared and her head hung low, Siya staggered in the house tears still continuously leaving her eyes. She felt like a shameless whore with no self respect. Not only I hoarded gifts like a gold digger but even after so much happened I still sat in his car shamelessly.

Yuvraaj who trailed behind her, gazing at her with concern as she wiped the tears subtly. Throughout the ride he kept blaming himself, for siya kept on sniffling. Has she even eaten something?

He didn't realise it was when she started affecting him so much. For the first two nights after that meeting he had just kept on reading all the little information about her over and over until he felt as if he could repeat it without even looking at it.

He read her over and over as if memorising his favourite poetry, as if he wouldn't then he wouldn't be able to breath. Finally when he woke up, his eyes somehow craved that smile and laughter that he had missed that night. Somehow, she had decided to thread on the thin line of his heart, tangling herself and was a part bound to his heart by a string that only grew stronger with every second that passed.

When seeing her there in the market all alone, and still looking at all the books but grabbing none? He never remembered Siya like that, and as she cried he had understood that somehow she was searching for him. He understood that his gift had ruined her mood somehow, else why would she cry when her face always glowed of happiness?

Yuvraaj sighed in regret, suffocation surrounding him as he stared at her crying. He would have rathered he stopped breathing rather than seeing her like this.

Noises were heard from the living room of their house, as her parents cried and her brothers were holding their head defeated. Indar having his head in his hands, desperation etched on his face and Nishant continuously making calls. Suhani and Disha Bhabhi sitting in a corner, holding their tears. Disha Bhabhi spoke up, tearfully, "I-i shouldn't have said such things, what if something happens to our Siya?"

Nishant who looked as if he had lost his head glared at her nodding with a clenched jaw as he gritted out, "Yes, you shouldn't have."

Disha felt her tears leaving her eyes but Nishant ignored his wife's cries as Suhani held on to her. Nishant grabbed his head in frustration as he yelled, "What the fuck were you all thinking, interrogating Siya like that?!"

His eyes almost maddening, he grabbed Indar by his collar, "Tu toh Bhai tha na uska? Tujhe nahi samajh aaya, Zyada ho Raha hai?" He angrily demanded.

His little sister, he worried where she would be, if she had even eaten anything. He burst out, "Love marriage toh humari bhi thi na, Maa? Aisa kya muh kala ho gaya aapka ki uss bechari ko itna rula diya?!"

He tried to take in calming breaths, everyone in the family knew Nishant had always been the one who cared and doted for Siya the most. He felt angry at himself, at his stupidity of trusting his brother and wife with his little sister. Now God knows where she was, how she was.