27.

Siya~

Siya~

Days passed by, and with each passing one the cracks in my heart shattered a bit more each moment. Rana Sa, the king of Rajasthan had decided to marry me.

I closed my eyes as tears slowly slid down my cheeks, as I held in a sob. What trouble have you landed me in, Kanha?

I questioned the god to whom I bowed my head in respect. To whom I had come to gather blessings for a marriage that I didn't even want.

My heart clenched like a noose was wrapped around it that tightened with each tug of string that tied me with Rana Sa Yuvraaj Singh Chauhan. My body held back a shiver as thoughts that made my skin crawl travelled up my spine. When I felt warmth against my hand, I lifted up my head flinching.

My eyes staring into the seemingly concerned ones of my to be husband, and I hid my emotions behind a careful mask of blankness. Yuvraaj looked behind us to see Maa and Papa, along with Parvati Rani Sa and her husband. They all were busy in the veneration, for our marriage.

My heart clenched, feeling the tightness of my heart that hurt far too much. Rana Sa's voice brought me out of the reverie, as he questioned in concern, "Siya, kyu hua? Aapko kuch uncomfort hai?"

I looked down, my face blank and shook my head. "Ji, nahi."

He frowned, eyeing me. He was silent for a while, before he nodded walking away. I sat down on the nearby place arranged for sitting outside the temple as Maa, Papa and Rana Sa's parents completed the ritual. I sighed, staring at them exchange the wedding cards, and offered it to the priest.

"Siya."

I flinched hearing his voice, and Rana Sacame to a stop in front of me. He smiled at me softly, before he handed me a bottle of water making me frown. He spoke up, "Siya, it might be the heat that was making you feel uncomfortable. Drink some water it will make you feel better."

I looked at him, searching for a single flaw in his 'caring' appearance, but found none. Only a concern engraved so deep, it scared me to try to look deeper.

He looked at my dress, and frowned. I looked down seeing the designer Chudidaar Mumma had made me wear. She had insisted I wore the heavy outfit, that was sure to leave a few scratches.

Rana Sa spoke up, "Aap comfortable hai...itni heavy dress Mai" he looked genuinely worried, as he explained. "This dress looks wonderful on you Siya, but...," He gestured towards our surroundings, softly speaking up, "It's too warm outside."

I looked at him, speaking sarcastically, "So should I strip and walk around naked, Rana Sa?" Rana Sa looked at me surprised, concerned. "Siya, I didn't mean to irritate you, I am sorry."

I felt my anger cool down, and I took in a deep breath nodding, "It's fine. I was at the fault anyway." I didn't need to make the king of Rajasthan my enemy, specially when we were about to get married now.