22.

Goal: 35 votes and 25 comments! Go!

____________________
Days had passed, as Paarvati slowly felt her heart turning soft. Her son who had stared coming home early finally a few days ago again started working later and later. Yuvraaj had refused to eat, as he slowly not with arrogance but with his morals had somehow forced Parvati to bend.

His eyes never strayed afar from his laptop and when Parvati tried to convince him to marry Ruhanika, he looked at her with stern eyes. "Maa Sa, itna kamzor Ishq nahi hai aapke bete ka. Rajasthan ke Rana Sa hain, agar apne pyaar pe tikk na sake toh apne ruab pe kaise tikk jayenge?"

A King had always known what he wanted, his words had always been the final truth. He had already stepped back from his words when agreed with his Maa Sa. How could he sacrifice his morals? Ek Dil, and it belonged to her. He couldn't put her aside, so easily replaceable wasn't his love.

His love was the one that wouldn't be replaced if heavens replaced hell. He wasn't somebody who believed in second chance love, he didn't believe in falling for somebody else.

Pyaar hai, Dil gulzaar hai,
Magar rok ke dekho,
Zidd bhi hazaar hai.

His words, a clear rejection. For the first time when Yuvraaj denied his mother, it was for a lady? Paravati felt her eyes watering, but Rajveer didn't console her.  What friendship was it, that she didn't think of her own son's happiness? Aisi bhi kya zidd, kya hatt Jo apne hi khoon ki khushiyon ko kha Jaye?

When late at night Yuvraaj returned home, he saw his mother. She smiled at him, a wobbly smile but yet she spoke up as if nothing had happened. As if she hadn't ask him to rip his heart out of his chest. "Accha hai tu aagayaa, I was waiting for so long."

Yuvraaj stared at his mother, with a small smile which didn't reach his eyes. She pushed him towards the stairs lightly, as she spoke up, "Jaa, fresh ho ja, tere liye Maine khud kheer banayi hai. Khayega na?" Her face was alight as she stared at her son expectantly. Yuvraaj smiled at her, before looking down.

He shook his head slowly, with a smile. "Bohot thak gaya hu Maa, kuch khane ka Mann nahi." He kissed his mother's forehead, before walking away.

Parvati stared at her son with her smile slipping off from her face. He never said no to her kheer..., What changed?

It seemed as if Yuvraaj had changed. She remembered the Yuvraaj who never told her a single no, or never did anything she said a no to. She never realised the boy who used to go with her choices, who used to go by her, had grown up so much he had started making his own choices. Had started to lean away from her, had changed.

What she didn't realise was, Yuvraaj had changed years ago. Damaged years ago, when that god forsaken night took place. When Aradhna---

He was changed.

Only now did he start healing, started fixing himself unknowingly. Found something he wished to protect, to cherish.

A final thin twig in the hopeless river of darkness, something to keep Yuvraaj Singh Chauhan to slipping in complete darkness of his mind. One chance he had, she crushed it with her own arrogance.

Sometimes, some decisions made by our parents are not for our happiness but for their satisfaction. The question is, should we give it to them?

Yuvraaj was conflicted, his Maa Sa, his lifeline. He had never seen anything ahead of her, nothing above her. She gave birth to him, gave him his life. How could he ever clear that debt?

Yet when she asked him to leave Siya, why did it make the son halt and hesitate when he never did before? What had changed that even his mother's tears couldn't waver his heart?

He closed his eyes, and his head was lost in Siya's memories. Her smiles, her giggles, laughter, her tears.

He opened his eyes, they were deep and conflicted. Hurting Siya was something he could never do, but hurting his maa?

Would he dare? He wasn't scared about he won't be able to..., He was scared that he would. He was scared, for Siya he would fight his Maa Sa. He would fight the world, his world for her.
____________________________

Parvati on the other hand realised with a sinking heart how she was pushing away her own son. How if she didn't stabilise their relationship now, it would never be stabilised.

Ruhaanika on the other hand was inconsolable. Her tears unstoppable, as she fought and screamed with her parents. When Siya was getting ready with a heavy heart for saying yes to the man she wanted out of her life, Ruhanika craved his attention as if desert craving for rain.

Yuvraaj unknown of both of the girl's thoughts, drowned himself in work to forget the girl that possessed his each waking moment. Time skipped, hours flying by, when the sun was about to set the door to his office cabin opened without a knock. Yuvraaj's eyes looked up at the intrusion and there stood Parvati. Her expression determined, she looked at him. Yuvraaj sighed, a small frown of tiredness on his forehead. Parvati shook her head, "What are you doing?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

Yuvraaj replied, giving his Maa his undivided attention, "Working." With accusing eyes, when she stared at her son, he knew a scolding was on its way. "Khana khaya?"

He never lied to his Maa Sa, would never do.

He sighed, "Maa Sa..., There was alot of work today." Parvati huffed, "You didn't." He chuckled making her sit on the couch, "Maa Sa, I am fine." He wasn't.

Dark circles lined his under eyes, ate Nothing the whole day, missed his breakfast and lunch, his thoughts were consumed by Siya. Parvati's heart clenched, but how could her son notice what she did? She loved him, ofcourse she would know he wasn't fine even before him, himself.

Yuvraaj was someone who liked to believe he was fine, never staggering, never breaking, never bending. No matter the pressure, he stood tall despite the thoughts plaguing his head, he never let it out. However much he hid, but Parvati knew her son was suffering. The suffering that she couldn't tolerate, even at the rate of her own pride. She sighed softly, holding his cheek as she spoke lovingly, "Agar teri Biwi hoti toh woh tujhe aise nahi rehne deti."

Yuvraaj's face turned blanked, and he pulled her hand away gently as he spoke, "Maa Sa, I can't. My heart won't allow me to marry someone whom I could never love."

His mother smiled softly, as she spoke, "So marry somebody whom you can love?"

She wouldn't lose her son again. Not for her pride.
_

________________________

Lo bhai posted, thanks for the spam The_fantasy_lovr, I'll check em up right away as I get time lol. You guys wouldn't believe it but I wait more for the goals to complete than you guys. I got like half the story written already 💀💀

If i tell you till where you'll go crazy lmao, but yepp I post as soon as goals are completed lmao.

Hope you enjoyed,
Love. Aesthetephilist!