14.

Siya~

Siya~

Siya smiled at herself as she started getting ready, wearing some Kajal on only her upper rim to let her lashes look more voluminous, before applying mascara and then light pink transperant lip gloss. Siya smiled at herself in the mirror, as she skidded downstairs happily ready to accompany her Suhani Bhabhi to the market.

A grin on her face as she decided what to ask for today. Throughout the week, she had been receiving gifts from her brothers. Whenever she would say of anything that she liked, or looked at anything in the market longingly, it would later appear as a parcel for her on the dining table in the hall. No body ever said anything but the letters were enough.

The letter that she found with a book she had been dying to read, your wishes are my command, Raani Sa.

Or the one she found with the bracelet she had wanted, no amount of jewels compare to you though.

It were those letters that left her giggling and blushing, as she took the gifts bestowed by her family wholeheartedly.

When she reached down though, her father was sitting on the couch reading a newspaper as it was Sunday and he had been home.

She walked down to see another one of her parcels by the dining table, she excitedly went to it. Her brows furrowing seeing them open, but still took another one of the letters in the box. Her heart confused, I hadn't asked for anything yesterday, though?

"This time, my Little dove I will gift you something of my choice."

Siya smiled seeing it, and opened the slightly smaller box than the previous one. It was a Black Box with the Initials Y.C on it in an elegant calligraphy. The nickname, she thought she had heard somewhere, but shrugged it off as her Nishant Bhai. He anyways likes comparing me to random animals.

She slowly and carefully opened the box, and her eyes widened with a gasp. Inside the box laid a beautiful calligraphy pen set. A quill ink dip pen with Peacock fur with intricate patterns on the pen stem. Multiple different nibs, along with a few ink pots. A small sketch of Siya on the inside of the lid of the box, smiling as she looked down almost shyly.

Siya stared at the Box, speechless of its contents. She felt utterly word bounded, it was as if the person who sketched it, had snatched all the love and beauty of the words and put it in the painting. Every single stroke, as if made with exact precision that she knew would have caused the artist hours to paint. Siya feared, even her own eyes had never seen herself as much as the artist had and something in her heart clenched.

Her eyes following the letter, she read further.

For someone who reads books, fantasies are there home and escape from the world, Siya. An escape, that offers them comfort from the world. They are just like how you are, a beautiful mess, chaos that tempts people to dive straight in the insanity of their world.