One- Unaccepted by the Mate

Chapter One- Unaccepted by the mate

Getting ready for the school isn't as difficult as getting up from the bed. Once you are out of the bed, you can only have to look ahead. There's no turning back. Comfort of the soft mattress won't be able to tempt you anymore. After a pleasant night, it's all over.

I pulled my hair in a messy bun.

It's difficult to tame the brown mess that rests on my head which I call my hair. They are frilly and seem to have a mind of their own. I don't have enough time to straighten them so they stay in a curly mess.

After applying cold cream to my slightly tanned skin, I practically rubbed lip gloss on my lips and pouted. They didn't look like Angelina Jolie's no matter how much I pouted. But I do look like a duck. The color of my lips is so unrecognizable that they manage to blend in with my skin tone if I don't coat them with a different color.

"Come down Sera! We're getting late!" I heard my brother calling.

Dave is my younger brother. There's nothing much to say about him. He simply loves his car which was gifted to him by his best friend and the future alpha, Daniel Osborn. The name sounds too much like a character in Spiderman. His father's name is Harry Osborn. Sometimes I think if Harry hadn't died in Spiderman 3 movie, this might be his future because I really didn't want him to die.

What am Ieven thinking about? Shaking my head from all those unnecessary and redundant thoughts, I headed downstairs to my brother who was tapping his foot on the ground leaning against his black SUV.

"What took you so long, sis?" He asked irritably and I rolled my eyes albeit smiling.

I'm neither the strongest nor the most beautiful werewolf in our pack. I lie somewhere below average. Nobody considers me worth talking except for my little brother, who's a week younger than me, and my best friend, Manny.

Dave is my half brother. My mom died while giving birth to me. She was angry that my dad cheated on her with Dave's mother. Once my mother died, dad brought a heavily impregnated woman. A week later she gave birth to Dave.

She died a year later with my dad in a rogue attack. We were in werewolf orphanage for several years until I turned sixteen and inherited my parents' money. I'm going to be seventeen soon and a week later, Dave.

I ignored my brother and got inside his car leaving our two story small house back.

"Today is Daniel's birthday." Dave informed me. I was surprised to hear that. Daniel is elder than me by one month? If it's his seventeenth birthday he will find his mate. I'm not going to lie but I really want to be his mate.

Daniel is the most handsome man to ever exist on earth. He has beautiful blue eyes and soft dirty blonde hair. Too bad, he has a girlfriend, Shea. Shea is the daughter of Beta. Daniel and Shea have grown together and they are sure for hell to be each other's mate.

A little part of me wants to be his mate because he's everything one can ask for. He is smart and soft spoken but also a strict person. His qualities fulfill the need of a perfect future alpha.

"There's a party tonight. I'm going to attend it. Do you want to come?" Dave asked. Even though I'm not invited, he still asked me to. He's a good brother, after all, but he still thinks about his reputation.

"Nah, I'd rather like to stay at home."

The ride was silent, no conversation between us. Sound of music filling the space inside the car. Once at school, I quickly hoped out and walked towards my locker where I found my best friend.