Seventeen - Blue Moon

Chapter Seventeen

Sera’s P.O.V.

“Blue Moon pack is the biggest pack. It has the most trained wolves. The territory is the largest. I don’t know why I am even telling you this. You probably know everything about it.” Vladimir told me in a bored tone. He was driving the blue mustang and heading towards the Blue Moon territory. I was on the passenger seat.

“Why do we always go to a werewolf territory to find the heir?” I wondered out loud.

“I don’t know. I’ve been to five packs before in search of the heir.”

I was surprised by his answer. And I had thought that my search in my pack was the first one. Blood Devil has been searching for the heir before I even met him. Which means that this must be really, really important to him. If he comes to know that I am the heir then he will not let me live.

I closed my eyes and prayed to God to save me. Blood Devil is really going to kill me. He makes my heart race, for all the reasons. I don’t know what he will do when he will find out. I hope he will never find out about this. If he does then my world will end. I’ll be completely ruined. I wish I was not the heir. I wouldn’t have gotten in so much trouble if I was not.

Staring out of the window, I watched the trees sprinting past as I collected the sane parts of my brain. Lie has a way to make one feel like this. It instills a fear so deep that you will feel it everywhere you go until the truth comes out. This feeling is so bad. I want to get rid of it. That means telling BD the truth. But if he comes to know that I lied to him then he will give me a more painful death.

How easy it is to make up stories for littler kids. But when a lie is told to someone stronger, it turns out to be a big sin. This lie has the potential to wipe out the smile off my face. I can’t even think clearly because my brain is clouded with all the possibilities of what will happen when the truth is revealed. It’s all negative thinking. But how can I think of something positive happening when it is sure that something bad is going to happen. By lying, I’ve just made it worse.

The distance disappeared as we drove to Blue Moon pack's territory. The werewolf scent was growing stronger and stronger. I became alert of the situation. What made me more nervous was the inevitable meeting with Kyle. I really hope he has found his mate. Or he has moved on from me in some way. I can’t get in these troubles of heart again.

It’s the first time I’m working together with Vladimir on something. There’s also a possibility that he will find out about my truth. He is smart. Way too smart for my liking. What happens when he finds out that I’m the heir? He will tell BD for sure. What will I do then? I can’t just let him go and spill my secret.

See what I said. Once you lie, you throw yourself in this web of possibilities and there is no way of coming out of it without any damage. Now, I just can’t stop thinking about what can happen.

We entered the civilization. No wolves attacked us. It means Kyle must have already informed his pack about our arrival. The place was normal. It looked like Moonstone pack. But the werewolf scent was strong. Which means that the wolves in the pack are really strong warriors.

“Do you know where are we going?” I asked Vladimir.

“No. I’m just driving with you because I like to.” He muttered sarcastically. I threw him a glare. He never gives me a straight answer.

“I knew you love me.” I retorted.

“In your dreams.” He threw back. I bit my tongue. There was no use of arguing with him. A conversation with Vladimir means elevating your blood pressure. I don’t need that right now. I have to face Kyle and his pack. I wonder if he had told his friends about his feelings for me.