Twenty Nine- Between Two Mates

I dedicate this chapter to my two new followers- aquizy and weloveourselves. At the side are the characters of my story. I didn't think about them while writing, except for Sera. For those who would like to see pic of these characters, it was all it could think about. >>>

Chapter Twenty Nine- Between Two Mates

Sera's P.O.V.

Daniel breathed slowly resting his head on my shoulder while I was on high alert. We encountered rogues not so long ago. There are great possibilities that they are lurking in dark shadows of these secluded forest.

If it wasn't for Daniel, I could have found out Dave by now. Not that I blame him. It was the first time when he saved someone, saved me. I didn't need that. I was not the damsel in distress but I'm glad he finally realizes what his duties are. I can feel it. I can see inside his mind. He wants to improve now that he knows how it feels to have someone you love in trouble.

Initially I had thought to let those rogues take me to their den, possibly Dave. When Daniel had pounced on them, I wanted to shout at him but restrained the urge. If Daniel was going to change, I could let it postpone a little bit. But I can't wait longer.

We are attacked once, we can be attacked twice. But I don't want Daniel to be in trouble. Also, I can't leave him here. Pulling out my phone, I dialed Wilson asking him to get us and also bring clothes for Daniel. I could hear uncertainty in his voice but he agreed.

I hoped Manny was fine. I don't feel good by landing her in that condition. I know that sedative was not bad for her health. She didn't even get a chance to voice her thoughts of disappearance of Dave. She is his mate and she would know better. Only if she was not carrying another life inside her. I can't risk her and Dave's child.

My phone rang and I immediately thought it was Wilson.

"Hey," he said a little excitedly. It is nearly impossible for him to reach here that fast because I called him like two minutes ago. But I wanted to get out of here.

"Should I take your excitement as success of your mission?" the cold voice said from other side of line and my mood faltered.

Vladimir

"Uh," was all I could mutter cursing myself mentally. Boy I'm in trouble. I had completely forgotten why I was here, the main reason as they thought.

"I don't think so. Have you gained any success so far? Or should we escort you back and then burn you alive for your failure?"

Come on man

"No I think I've found someone who can give me more information about it." I bit my lower lip as my brain worked on different scenarios.

"And can I ask you who are that and what have you been doing there for a month now?" He asked sounding impatient.

"Oh! I think the previous Alpha of this pack knows. I've met a man who can help me with this case. And I was trying to extract information from present Alpha but got nothing." I shrugged keeping my face neutral even though he was not in front of me.