Sixteen - Search again

Chapter Sixteen

Sera’s P.O.V.

I woke up to the sound of chirruping birds. Opening my eyes, I yawned and sat up. I raised my hands above my head and stretched my arms. What a beautiful morning. That was until I was splashed with water. When I looked down, I realized it was not just water but muddy water. There were even worms crawling.

My face scrunched up in disgust. I looked up at the culprit leaning against the wall near the door. He had a bored look on his face. I clenched my jaw and tried to look calm. It was hard to as I felt one worm on my arm. I suppressed a squeal in my throat.

“Good morning Queen,” he muttered sarcastically. His green eyes leveled with mine. His creator was Blood Devil so his eyes are also green. That’s a feature we three share.

“Good Morning,” I replied not saying another word. My whole attention was focused on the creature crawling on my upper arm. I wanted to get rid of it before the thing got under the sleeve of my nightgown.

“I don’t know what type of vampire are you,” Vladimir started and I wanted to seriously do something to his pretty face.

I didn’t reply to him because the worm had already made its way under the sleeve of nightgown. Keeping my face cool was going to be a very difficult task.

“Sleeping all night. I can call you a disgrace to vampires.” He continued taunting me. My eyes narrowed at his words. Before I could say something smart back to him, the presence of worm became more noticeable as it moved to the sensitive part of my arm. The squealed that left my mouth made him smirk. He knew the worm was making me uncomfortable. He knew it.

Then without giving me another glance he walked outside. The look on his face was one of triumph. I jumped out of my bed and threw away my clothes. That left me in my underclothes. I grimaced at my now ruined bed. Cursing Vladimir inside my head, I stomped towards the bathroom angrily.

That man always makes me angry. He frightens me at the same time. He frustrates me to a point that I want to hurt him real bad. But I can’t do that else he will kill me. These all emotions sum up to an intense hatred. The hatred that is meant to reside inside and not to come out at any cost. Vladimir is dear to BD. He is the first vampire BD made. Second is Sera Winters. That’s me.

It’s an honor to be transformed into a vampire by BD. I’m glad I’m graced with it. And Vladimir should have his share of praise too. As much as I hate him, I can’t deny he is extremely good at whatever he does. He is an amazing fighter. Much better than me. And I’m one of the best fighters in the kingdom.

But I doubt he can be better than BD.

I sighed. My eyes long to see him again. I bathed thoroughly, still filling those worms crawling up on me.

I dressed in a shirt and a pair of dark skinny jeans. I pulled a gray vest over my dark shirt and stepped out of my room. I looked left and right in the corridor. Something I always do. I made my way towards the kitchen. Only a few humans and I ate food. Rest fed on blood from slaves. I was glad I was still eating food and not drinking blood.

Maybe my royal blood genes are responsible for it. But they will also be responsible for my death once BD realizes that I am the heir. Especially when he comes to know that I lied to me, he will roast me alive. But something in my gut tells me he won’t do that to me. Sure he will get angry but he won’t kill me, right?

“The disgrace to vampires is having human breakfast. What a disgrace!” The taunting voice of Vladimir greeted me as usual. I closed my eyes and counted to ten. I don’t know why he hates me so much. The stupid man has nothing better to do so he always has fun teasing me.