Thirty - Escape

Chapter Thirty - Escape

“He died?” Blood Devil looked at the dead boy’s corpse. He tapped his foot to the head. It moved slightly. “He actually died?”

I didn’t see it coming but the next moment, I was slammed to nithe wall of the dungeon. Blood Devil’s hand was on my throat, his eyes red with anger. I was not going to die because of lack of oxygen but if he ripped my head off my body then I won’t survive. I kept my movements minimum as his raging green eyes glared at me.

“WHY DID HE DIE?” He screamed at my face. He didn’t get any answer from my expressionless face. Slamming me against the wall for once more time, he stalked towards the corpse. I rubbed my wrists. At least I was free.

I heard a sound of something tearing. The sight in front of was horrifying as Blood Devil tore the dead body into little pieces. A wave of guilt hit me. But I soon replaced it with determination. I had to get out of there soon. I tried to reach towards the door while keeping my gaze on him but it was impossible. I couldn’t watch what he was doing.

I had to remind myself. That was his true form. He was the worst kind of demon.

“STOP!” He screamed but I rushed towards the door. My speed had always been something no one ever matched. While Vladimir was known for strength, I was known for my speed. And since Vladimir was actually Blood Devil, he couldn’t reach me at the right time.

Luck was not on my side. Two guards were standing on the door. They got hold of me before I could escape. I twisted my legs and used the wall to push me backwards. The guard who was holding me from behind hit the wall. Just as his hold loosened, I twisted his hand breaking several bones in the process. The other vampire attacked at the same time but I moved out of the way. Both the vampire landed on the floor as a heap.

I turned around to leave but slammed against a hard body I always knew too well. Looking up, I met murderous eyes of Blood Devil.

“Where are you going?” He asked in a deadly calm voice. I knew he was going to catch me.

“I killed him.” I told him with a calm face. His eyes were glazed with confusion for only a second but that was enough for me to attack him. With the momentum of speeding truck, I dug my hand into his chest. My intention was to pull his heart out but he pushed me off. My body flew in the air for a couple of seconds before slamming against the wall.

He was still very strong. There was no way I was going to win even if I fought him so I decided it was better to run away as he struggled with the pain of wound in his chest.

The moment Blood Devil had shoved that boy in front of me, I had made this plan. I had injected way too much venom inside him in a very short time. There was no way he was going to survive that quantity. I don’t know if I can turn humans into vampire. But excessive amount of my venom can sure kill them. I knew Blood Devil was going to lose his cool. After all, he had waited so long for this moment. I knew if I told him that I killed that boy on purpose, he would get even angrier.

Blood Devil was not in good condition. His dark red blood was spilled on my clothes. It looked like rotten blood of a carcass. So ugly. There was someone I needed to find and for that I really had to follow my instincts. As I ran towards the castle of Vampire King, five vampires stood in front of me. They were blocking my way.

“Sorry, we can’t allow you to go inside.” One of them said. I didn’t have time. Blood Devil would heal soon. The wound was near his chest but he was after all the Vampire Kingdom the strongest vampire. I had caught him off guard during a rabid moment. He won’t be fooled twice.

“But I need to go,” I attacked the vampire who tried to stop me. I had always wanted to settle fights with talk. But right now, I can’t do that. I have to be quick. I have to find that vampire. That one vampire.

After defeating those vampires, I entered the castle. More vampires were on my heels. I was going to be in a very, very big trouble if I got caught. So I can’t let myself slack. I had to run at my fastest speed.

I made my way to the kitchen were maids were busy cooking. There was a fire extinguisher on the wall. Before anyone could react, I immersed the whole room with the gas. Carbon dioxide, not a favorite gas of vampires. That gave me time to steal some gasoline and a lighter from the storage. I could sense they were very near to me.

I had planned this all out when that boy was thrashing on the ground in pain. The pain I caused. But I can’t think of that right now. Opening the cap of the bottle, I spilled the gasoline around the castle. I tried to cover as much area as possible in short time. I knew he was going to come really soon. I sensed his presence before I saw him.

He appeared from the crowd, dressed in black attire of Blood Devil. His face was similar to that of the monster’s. But they were two different people. I lit the match stick and threw it towards the gasoline covered floor.

He was fast. Very fast. He caught the match stick before it could meet with floor and at the same time, pinned me to the wall. He was glaring down at me. I got the same feeling again. The shivers I get whenever he is around. His green eyes that entice me.

“What are you doing?” He growled.

“I have to tell you something,” I mumbled and at the same time lit the lighter. I pulled him to me and at the same time, threw the lighter on the floor.

The sound of fire burning made him turn around. Just at that moment, I sunk my fangs into his skin, injecting venom. His body sagged against mine.

The flames engulfed the area. The vampire retreated from fire. They are the wild beasts. They hate fire. And the fire that was engulfing the whole building was becoming more uncontrollable. I won’t be on the good list of these vampires for a long, long time.

Picking the unconscious body, I ran out of the castle was everyone was too busy trying to extinguish the fire. It won’t take them long to put off the fire but I will be long gone by then.

There was one thought that was swirling inside my head. A voice that kept on shouting.

I killed him. I killed an innocent boy.

*** ***

So much happened in this chapter. And so much will happen in coming chapters.

Please keep on voting and commenting.

-nerdinspects