Nineteen - Unfaithful

Chapter Nineteen - Unfaithful

“We are here because we are invited.” Vladimir told me in his cold calm voice.

“What are we invited for?” I asked.

I’m adjusted back to my lifestyle in Vampire kingdom. That includes asking Vladimir questions and not getting angry when he gives vague answer. That’s something he always does and enjoys the irritation on my face.

“Why don’t you ask the lover boy?” The way he said that made me narrow my eyes at him. There was a hinted playfulness in his voice. But I could still sense the tone of disdain in it.

“Shut up!” I gritted out and faced away from him.

It was better to sleep then talk to him. But there were unanswered questions. They concerned me a great deal. We are here searching for an heir. Every time Vladimir looks at me, I feel like he knows something. And it scares me to some point. What if he knows that I am the heir?

This situation is completely messed up and when my lie is added to it, everything just turns out to be a bigger mess. I don’t even know where to step. Everywhere, I can only sense thorns laid by me. This whole situation is created to mess up with my head. I may turn completely insane and go on a rampage. Even then the first person I would kill will be Vladimir.

“I’m going out.” I said getting off the bed. Just when I opened the door, a man was standing there. He had two suitcase in his hands. Who did they belong to?

He greeted me and Vladimir came from behind me. He let the man in. When we were back alone, I frowned at the suitcase. He opened one to reveal a number of dresses that didn’t belong to me.

“What is this?” I asked. But I had a hunch that those were my clothes. They might have been arranged for me because I came without any suitcase with me. But so did Vladimir. Now I think these are for us. They must be in the car.

“Clothes for you,” he answered simply for the first time.

He sorted out his clothes from the suitcase and arranged them in the closet. The perfection in his work never fails to surprise me. I wonder if he has some OCD. He was quick with his sleek movements. I was impressed. When he was done putting his clothes at their place, he looked at me.

“Are you going to stare me all day? That’s rude. Take a picture and stare all you want but I don’t want to feel like you are eye raping me.” He opened his big mouth and my mood soured again.

“Shut up!” I muttered and decided to arrange my own clothes. He walked out of the door leaving me to my own.

** **

“Finally,” I muttered at the side of closet that had my clothes. It’s still hard to believe that I’m sharing a room with Vladimir. I’m mostly thinking of different ways not trying to kill him when he opens his big mouth.

It took me fifteen minute to complete my task while Vladimir had taken only five minutes. Looks like I really am a disgrace to vampires. But who cares. I’m that royal blood heir after all. And Blood Devil is after me.

I sighed.

That’s a reality I have to face every day, every living moment. But what am I going to do when Blood Devil actually finds out that I am the infamous heir?

I decided to take a walk outside. My head was stuffed with too many thoughts. I needed to freshen up my mind. Locking the door behind me, I ventured around in the house. The place was new to me and I didn’t know where to go. Soft murmurs of werewolves greeted my sensitive ears. I tried to block them out and walked freely.

Then I finally stopped in front of a room that smelled strongly of Kyle. The room didn’t expel much power. It was not an Alpha’s room. It was a normal room but Kyle was inside.

“Oh God Alpha,” a female voice moaned and my eyes widened. The voices were hushed but still I could hear them. I jumped away from the door.

What the hell?

I walked away from there and found my way outside the pack house. Once outside, I took a deep breath. That was not Kyle’s mate. But what was that? It surprised me. I was really shocked. Kyle was doing it with someone who was not his mate. I shouldn’t be surprised but I still am. Alpha’s are really… um… different… and they… I’d rather not talk about it.

The chapter is closed now.

I wondered where Vladimir must have gone to. Maybe for the search of heir. I can only pray to God that he doesn’t find out anything about the heir.

I shook my head. I shouldn’t think about this stuff. My stress lever will increase and my hair will start falling. No way.

It didn’t take long for me to enter the woods. I liked it better there. Under the shadow of the trees. It was beautiful. The air was cool and calm. My muscles soon relaxed as I walked deeper into the woods. My mind was also feeling relaxed. Too relaxed that I was feeling lightheaded.

Sitting down under a tree, I leaned against it and looked at the leaves on the opposite tree. I sat there idly for a long time. My eyelids were dropping and before I knew, I lost my consciousness.

** **

The place was warmer.

That was the first thing I noticed over my drowsiness. I snuggled closer the person who was radiating the warmth. I needed it. The forest was so cold.

I opened my eyes slowly at the disturbance and looked into green eyes I loved so much. They were staring back at me. The granite features of Blood Devil’s face greeted me. The image was blurry but I still made it out completely. I knew he was Blood Devil. He was staring at me, softly. He softly patted my head and I closed my eyes again falling into a deep sleep.

** **

“Are you stupid? Where did you go off to?” Vladimir asked me with barely held anger.

“What?” I asked rudely and yawned. I was pissed off at him for waking me up so rudely. He pinched my arm so hard that I had a bruise there. If I was a human, the bruise would have lasted at least a week and it must have hurt like hell.

“You disappeared yesterday and when I came back, you were sleeping soundly on the bed. And what do I find here? Blood Devil,” he said through gritted teeth. My eyes mentioned at the mention of the name. He was really here. “He was going to kill me for not taking care of you.”

I felt better after hearing that part and smirked at me. Childish- I knew- but he won’t attack me for that.

“You are enjoying this, aren’t you?” He narrowed his eyes at me. “I don’t even know why he bothers with you. You are just a stupid girl who-“ he stopped abruptly. His eyes were blazing with barely held anger. “We are going to training centre. Change your clothes and get out of the bed! I’ll be waiting for you outside.”

With those words, he walked out of the door and slammed the door behind him.