Eighteen - Mated

Chapter Eighteen - Mated

Sera’s P.O.V.

I sat frozen at my place. Even the smile on my face was frozen. I didn’t even look at Vladimir. My eyes were locked to Kyle’s. They just happened to be observing Kyle when Vladimir answered and I became a statue.

I couldn’t even look away as Kyle’s eyes snapped to mine. I couldn’t give the same look of disbelief to Vladimir. I didn’t even know what was going around. One wrong word from me and everything could be spoiled.

Kyle didn’t believe a word Vladimir said. He knew that Daniel was my mate. But why did Vladimir introduced me as his mate. He has already spoiled it.

“You’ve found your mate?” Jason asked me in surprise. That helped me remove my gaze from Kyle’s dark eyes.

“Yes,” I answered.

I couldn’t say anything more. I didn’t even exactly know what was going around. It was better when I was in Moonstone pack. At least I knew something there. But right now, at this moment, I’m completely off the hook. And it makes me feel insecure. The same feeling I had when I first landed in the vampire kingdom. And I don’t like this feeling.

“Yeah, she is my second chance mate and I am hers.” Vladimir injected. It was then I finally looked at him and smiled. I couldn’t give him the glare I so badly wanted to.

“Oh!” The sound of disappointment came from Kyle. He had taken his gaze of me and to Vladimir. His jaw was clenched and so were his fists. It was so weird. I felt bad as I shifted away from Vladimir. We were not sitting close to each other but still it felt like I had done something wrong.

Also, the idea of being mated to Vladimir was simply nauseating.

“That’s great,” Jason added and looked worriedly at Kyle. I didn’t miss that look. Neither did Vladimir. I was wondering what was going inside the vampire’s head. He seemed so cool. Marrying a smirk on his face, he stood up.

“It was a long journey. We’d like to take a rest.” He said.

I stood up slowly, watching Kyle. He had gone rigid. I prayed to God to give him a mate soon before he loses himself in the abyss he is creating himself. By now, I had thought that he would have forgotten those feelings. But it looks like he hasn’t. I don’t get a good feeling from it.

“Jason will show you to your room,” Kyle finally said as he stood too. Still not looking at me, he extended his hand again. They shared some pleasantries.

When you don’t know what is going around, sometimes it’s just better to stay quiet. Jason lead us through the hallways.

“You know my mate?” Vladimir asked Jason. I looked at him.

“Yes,” he replied. “I trained her pack once.”

“She had a mate there. Do you know him?” Vladimir pressed. He was prying. I didn’t like it but refrained from saying anything. I didn’t want to raise any suspicions.

“I didn’t know she had a mate there.” Jason frowned and looked at me. “Who was he?”

“Someone,” I shrugged. I didn’t want to tell him about Daniel. At that time, Shea was his mate. That would make me look really pathetic. I didn’t want that. Besides, it would be great if my past remains in my past. Why was Vladimir inquiring of all these details. “You don’t know him.” I lied.

Jason might have sensed how uncomfortable I was talking about my mate. He dropped the topic and showed us our room.

It was a single bed room with a double bed. The room was beautiful but I was only focusing on the only bed in the room. Great! I’ve to share a bed with Vladimir now. That is never going to happen. I won’t let it happen. This is not good. I’m not going to be a part of it.

“If you need anything, you can inform me anytime.” Jason smiled. Well… I really need an extra bed. No way am I going to share one with the awful vampire. No way. Just no way.

“Sure,” Vladimir said. They talked a bit as I entered the room. I sat on the bed and watched the door as it closed behind Vladimir. He looked at me and smirked.

“It was not my plan,” he informed me. “Blood Devil planned it.”

“And you are enjoying it?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Enjoying watching your awkwardness with the alpha? Hell yeah.”

I scowled at him and then fell back on the bed, facing the ceiling. “I can’t place I’m in this place pretending to be your-“

I didn’t even complete the sentence and a hand was already covering my mouth. It was then I noticed that his skin was not cold. It was mild warm, just like mine. Hovering over me, he glared hard. I raised my left hand to push him away and send him flying across the room but he caught my hand and pressed it against the mattress.

Only a second later, the door swung open to reveal Alpha Kyle standing on the doorway.

I could have greeted him if Vladimir’s hand was not on my face. But I didn’t even realize how bad the scene looked like. With my face heating up in anger, I tried to sit up and only ended up shoving my face very close to Vladimir’s. It might have appeared as if I was going to kiss him.

I didn’t even get a chance to shove away Vladimir and sit up. Kyle quickly apologized under his breath and left, closing the door behind him.

Vladimir didn’t even look at the door. He was still staring at me. His green colored eyes held so much amusement in them. He was clearly enjoying this. He was not going to make my stay in Blue Moon pack easy.

I pushed him off me with a force that he hit the wall just beside the door. A loud thump was heard. I expected him to bounce off and fall down but he was quick to catch himself and stood on his two feet. He narrowed his eyes at me.

“You’re a jerk.” I told him and flopped on the bed. I closed my eyes and tried to sleep.

My main purpose was to cut him out. He was really a jerk. He did it on purse. It made me so angry. How dare he? It was clear he used me to piss of Kyle. I didn’t like the expression on Kyle’s face when he saw me with Vladimir. He already thinks that Vladimir my mate. Now he has to see it also.

I’ve had a history with heartbreak. It almost took my life. The worst experience of my life. I don’t want a repeat of it with anyone. But I can’t control every situation, especially those concerning Vladimir. He is way too strong and way too cunning. I wish I could just get him off my way somehow.