Twenty Five - Danger

Chapter Twenty Five - Danger

Sera’s P.O.V.

He was in danger. I felt it. There was something wrong with Dave. Manny was also scared. My heart thumped loudly inside my chest as my vision clouded. This can’t be happening. This can’t really be happening. I was here to protect Dave from those rogues. How could I have been so careless? I was not supposed to be tired. I was not supposed to sleep. And I was not supposed to show my emotions to Daniel.

This is not good. I pursed my lips together still glaring at Daniel who sat against wall looking at me with confusion.

“What the hell Sera?” He asked with anger in his voice. I just glared at him. When he rose to his feet, I lunged at him again tacking him down. My fist connected with his jaw.

It was like déjà vu. Just few minutes ago Daniel was beating Kyle and now it’s my turn to beat Daniel.

But Daniel regretted his actions later on.

I don’t want to be like Daniel. I lifted myself off him.

I felt angry and frustrated.

My fist collided with hard concrete throwing pieces of hardened cement around. I punched again and again.

“Sera…” I hear Daniel say. “What happened? Control yourself.”

I only heard his voice in background as my mind was completely unsettled with the probability that Dave was in danger and I didn’t even know where he was.

He was not supposed to be in this trouble. Dave could not be in this problem.

“Sera…”

Manny is pregnant. This can’t happen. I failed in protecting my brother. Oh God! How could I have been too careless about this when I was so adamant of his safety? Why didn’t I stay with him when I knew danger was lurking around? Dave is beta and he is really strong.

But they had it planned. They have it all planned. They have their spy in this pack for crying out aloud.

“Sera,”

What if something happens to him? What will I say to Manny? What will I say to their child? What will I say to Dave? I will never be able to live it down. I can’t be without my brother.

“SERA STOP IT,” I heard a voice yell but it didn’t affect me. What affected me were those arms that wrapped around me. What affected me were those lips that enveloped mine. What affected me was that feeling which relaxed me.

I kissed Daniel back, not with anger, not with frustration but with softness because I needed this right now. He needed this right now. With this kiss there were two hopes- he will be a good mate and he will be a good Alpha. I wanted that second hope to come true.

With a softness it came, it ended. Daniel pulled away, his hands still around my waist while mine were still on my sides.

“Relax,” he whispered, “everything will be fine. Dave is fine. I know it.” He told me with softness.

I nodded slowly, my eyes downcast.

Daniel is Alpha and Dave is Beta. He knows. His words relaxed me more.

“He will be fine.” He assured with gentleness.

I finally lifted my eyes to meet his but didn’t miss his lips. Shock washed through me but I didn’t let it show on my features. He was the one to kiss me first and I returned his kiss. That was a mistake. But I’m not going to tell him I think this way. It will most definitely crush him because he seems to be very much affected by this kiss as if it means world to him.