Fourteen - Hello Mate

Chapter Fourteen

Sera's P.O.V.

Surely my eyes were not deceiving me. As much as I wanted to go there and rip him off her, I couldn’t do that. My feet were glued to my place as I witnessed Harry kissing her neck. He had kissed my neck the same way. I gritted and turned away not wanting to witness the sight further. As soon as I turned around, my eyes meet dark green orbs staring back at me.

I stood there blanking slowly moving my eyes over the handsome face. They moved lower to take in his three piece Armani suit and polished shoes. I could see my face in those shoes. And it was blank. It was a moment of triumph. I had schooled my expressions properly.

My eyes travelled up to meet those green orbs again. They were so intense and I held the stare bravely. His face was few inches away from me. He came nearer. I felt his warmth radiating in waves. My hands itched to reach out and touch him but I willed them to stay at the place.

A moan sounded in the air distracting me from my thoughts. Those green orbs shifted off my face and looked at the couple busy on the couch. He looked back at me not saying anything.

“Are you there or are you here?” I asked quietly pointing behind me.

He stared at me unblinkingly for a couple of seconds. His eyes lowered to my lips and travelled back to my eyes. “What do you think?”

His breath fell on my face as he spoke.

Before I could answer, his face turned and his expressions became sharp and alert. I knew something was wrong. His face said it all. Something was so terribly wrong. I wanted to groan out if frustration. We are not going to be interrupted, are we?

Without saying anything he pulled my hand and I closed my eyes completely trusting. He could get me out of there. The air whooshed past me and my hair flew. We were outside the confines of apartment and into the busy street. When I opened my eyes again, I found B.D. standing rigidly staring at something intensely. Following his gaze, my eyes fell of the dark haired man who I’ve known since past two years.

Vladimir?

He was staring back at us with a couple of vampires. They were from the Vampire Kingdom. His eyes met mine and I was to take a step forward to head in his direction but B.D. blocked my way with his large frame. I looked at the back of his head quizzically. I didn’t even know what was going around and it was turning very frustrating. I bet B.D. would be feeling like he’s at the top of the world right now.

Vladimir started walking in our direction ignoring all the pedestrians. I was surprised when he passed the busy road without getting hit by any car driver. He walked like he owned the world. There was a tension in his shoulders that didn’t go unnoticed by me. When is ever there not any tension in his head? He gets angry at little things and lets out his frustration on me.

When I was in vampire kingdom I was almost scared of Vladimir. He was scary when he was angry. I don’t know what should be my reaction now.

“Don’t get involved in this. I’ll tell you about it soon. Stay here and don’t move.” B.D. said and then walked towards Vladimir who stood rooted at his place. They talked and B.D. lead him to an alley. I was standing alone without any idea of what to do. Sure there were people walking around me but still I felt kind of alone.

Someone was watching me. I could feel it. I was about to turn around and give them a piece of my mind before they spoke.

“Don’t move or he’ll be dead.” A male voice growled behind me. A werewolf

Who will be dead? B.D.? But that was impossible. Then I noticed another werewolf and he had Harry with him. The boy looked dazed. His eyes were glassed over. He could have been possessed. That seemed like the only valid reason to me. I don’t think werewolves can do that. Unless they have a witch or wizard supporting them.

“Who are you?” I asked the tanned skin werewolf. At my question, a sick grin formed on his face. His eyes turned evil and I could have sworn his face morphed to someone else’s for a shake before turning back normal. And that was all too familiar to me. I couldn’t help but wonder how Daniel managed to do that.

Or there might be someone else who was doing this to scare me. But I’m an eighteen year hybrid of royal blood, vampire and a werewolf and not a seventy years old human lady. My eyes couldn’t have deceived me. He was Daniel.

“Werewolf,” he answered. I didn’t ask him what he was. Rather who he was. And was he not aware that I was also a werewolf and could easily recognize one.

“I know. But do you have a name? And what is Daniel to you?” I asked warily thinking of a way to save Harry from his clutches. I took a step forward keeping my eyes looked to Werewolf.

“My name is Theo Larson. Daniel is my master.” He answered monotonously. His master?

“Your master?” I wondered taking another step forward. Again I saw his face morph to Daniel’s. It switched back between Daniel and Theo’s face as he answered me.

“You are my queen… he is your… And I will… mate and he… have you… has sent me… very soon… to get you… SERA,” The veins on his neck were popping. His hold on Harry tightened and I heard a crunch of bones. Harry screamed out loudly in pain startling Theo. I took that opportunity to attack him.

I rammed my body again Theo’s and Harry’s body went flying away. He was unconscious soon. Theo, on the other hand, was growling under me. I slammed my fist to his face several times. He was unable to free himself as I landed blows after blows on him. It didn’t take long before he was knocked down cold. But it wouldn’t take long before he is healed.

Looking for BD, I almost forgot about Harry. But then I went to the unconscious boy and picked up his body. I hadn’t noticed that we had already somehow ventured to the alleyway. I could have ran to hospital with Harry but it would have looked suspicious. He was losing conscious and it won’t be long before he loses his life too. If I don’t do anything soon.

I pierced skin of my hand with my fangs. Dark red blood started oozing out of it. I shoved my wrist to his mouth. Even if he was unconscious, he won’t be able to resist the temptation of my blood. He drank my blood. His body started healing when my blood reached the injured parts of his body. But it also reached the unaffected parts. This is going to have some serious side effects.

And I was worrying about the safety of BD. He was in another alley. The sun was already setting. I didn’t have chance to talk to him before Vladimir had to butt in. That’s what he always did. Even when I was in Vampire Kingdom he always made sure to be present whenever BD and I were alone. As if he didn’t trust me. He was so protective of BD that it made me so angry.

Now he is again engaged with BD. They might be discussing about some crappy business in Vampire Kingdom. Or are they discussing about how every supernatural being is after us? Or… Vladimir is after us?

Dang it.

I left Harry to heal and went to the other alley which was empty. There were no signs of either BD or Vladimir. Maybe I entered the wrong one. But I couldn’t be wrong. My brain was sharp enough. I checked other allies fast but they were nowhere to be found.

I groaned frustratingly hating the situation so much that I wanted to rip my hairs out. I just only met Blood Devil and he again disappeared.

“Stupid bastard,” I cursed. I didn’t know who I was calling that name. Vladimir or Blood Devil? Definitely Blood Devil.

“It’s not nice to call your mate bad names.” A velvety voice said in my ear. I knew the voice too well.

I tried to turn around but hands on my waist stopped me. It sent jolt of sparks through me that made me gasp in surprise. I had never felt something like that.

His cheek was pressed against the side of my head. His chest was against my back. The hands on my wait moved to front and circled around my stomach.

“Hello mate,” he whispered in my ear.

** **
I think I’m going nowhere with this story. I’ve lost my will to write it. I’m not going to just stop but I need to pause. For now I’m going to keep it in hold. I will continue this story after three or four months. By then I want to write something that is interesting and not waste of time.

I’m really sorry. But I don’t want to write a spineless book right now.

The plot I had prepared was not good enough. So now I’m going to change it.

-nerdinspects