Twenty - Run Away

Chapter Twenty

The training ground was filled with about fifty male werewolves. There were about half the females as compared to males. The males stood with hundreds pounds of muscles. They were all burly guys. All of them looked intimidating. I’ve never seen something like that in Moonstone pack. That’s the difference between the two packs. And this difference makes the Blue Moon pack so strong.

Kyle was saying something to his werewolves. He was dressed in a casual tee and shorts like other boys. But after he finished his speech, he pulled off the tee over his head leaving him completely shirtless. His boys did the same. That’s a lot of testosterone in air.

Some of the females stared at the males. The maids that were present, who were not the part of training, were most certainly staring at the boys.

“If you continue to stare at them like that then they won’t believe you are my mate.” Vladimir teased me. His mood had improved a little. I was grateful for that. I liked a cool Vladimir more than a pissed off Vladimir. You never know when he will kill you if he is angry.

“Then you drop your shirt and I will stare at you.” I countered knowing he won’t do that and he didn’t.

“Are you admitting that you are attracted to me?” He continued to tease me.

“I have to, after all, you are my mate.” I replied sarcastically.

He didn’t get a chance to reply as the werewolves lunged at each other and started practicing their techniques. I was impressed by their speed and agility. Back in the moonstone pack, no one was as good as them, except for Dave.

After about an hour, I was sitting on a bench. At my side was Vladimir who was playing with my hair. From far, we looked like a romantic couple but the reality was from it.

“I don’t think any of the guys over there is the heir.” Vladimir said. “But a couple of girls have caught my eye.”

I scoffed. “I’m not surprised.”

He smiled at me. It was shut-up-and-listen-or-I-will-make-you kind of smile. “Be serious.”

“Oh yeah,” I giggled.

“Don’t do that. You sound like an owl when you giggle.” He said.

He compared me to an owl?

“As I was saying, a couple of girls have caught my eye. See that girl over there.” He pointed towards a tree. Surely there was a girl sitting under a tree. She was watching the training boys. I had noticed her too. But I think she was staring at Kyle.

“She has been looking at Kyle for a really long time. What’s the deal with her?” He asked.

I frowned. Something is different in her. I had a feeling that there was something really fishy. I had to talk to Kyle for it.

“And then there’s another girl. She is training over there. She has been fighting continuously and she isn’t even sweating.” He pointed out and I looked at the said girl. I didn’t notice her before. How did she even escape from my eyes? Maybe because I was too busy wondering about the other girl.

The girl had long sandy blonde hair. She was not very tall but fought like a champion. She was way too perfect.

“So we have two suspects.” I concluded.

“Yes,” he answered. “And please shampoo your hair. They feel so rough.” He stood up and held out his hand for me to take. “I’m going to talk to Alpha now and then we will go to our bedroom.”

I sighed. There is no way he is going to have a normal talk with me. Every time, he just finds a way to insult me.

After he left, I sat there for a long time observing the trainees. They were really good. I wondered what my brother was doing. I haven’t seen him in a week. I haven’t even called him. What is Manny doing? She is pregnant. I’m going to be an aunt. I don’t know how to react to that. A small baby.

“Looks like you are enjoying your time here,” a deep voice said.

I looked at Kyle standing in front of me. He was wearing a t-shirt and he didn’t smell. He must have bathed. He looked good. With his arms crossed over chest, he was staring down at me with a teasing smirk on his face.

“What are you smiling at?” He asked sitting beside me, the spot that was previously occupied by Vladimir.

“Just something,” I shrugged.

He cocked his head to side. “You won’t tell me?”

“It’s nothing,” I murmured and looked at the girl who was now staring at us. When she noticed that I was looking back at her, her eyes widened and she hastily looked away.

“Kyle, can I ask you something?” I asked.

“Yes. You can ask me anything.” He said.

“Did you find your mate?”

All I received in answer was his silence. His face was completely expressionless when I looked at him. Surprise and resentment was clear in his eyes.

“No, I didn’t.” He answered and I nodded not probing further.

“But you found another mate.” He said after a few moments of silence.

“Yeah, I did.” I answered sarcastically but made sure not to show the obvious truth in my voice.

“He’s lucky,” Kyle said.

“He is,” I goaded. “He is the luckiest person in the world.”

Kyle was silent again.

“After I rejected Daniel, I never thought I would find someone as amazing as Vladimir. Ever since he has entered my life, everything has changed. I love him so much.” I continued.  “That’s something you can feel for your mate only. Your mate is the centre of your universe. You will realize this Kyle. When you will find your mate, you will realize that she is where your world belongs. If you try to fit in somewhere else, it will only make you feel lonely.”

“But I can’t make myself love someone.” Kyle spoke. “I knew that you wouldn’t accept Daniel as your mate after what he did to you. And I was waiting for you to come to me. I wanted to be your world. I wanted to show you that you can always lean on me. But now you’ve got a mate who is a vampire.”

I tensed at his knowledge. So he knew Vladimir is a vampire. Does he also know that I am a vampire too? Does Vladimir knows that Kyle knows the truth or was he the one to tell him that? I called Vladimir millions of names. I sat there not knowing what to say. So I stayed quiet.

“Even if you are a vampire, I still love you. I’ve never stopped loving you. Why can’t you see it Sera?” His voice rose as he spoke. The girl again looked at us and frowned. She slowly stood up with a water bottle in her hand and walked in our direction.

“Are you sure about that?” I asked calmly.

“Yes. I’m sure that I love you Sera. I’ve loved you and I will always love you. Only you!” His voice sounded so desperate.

“What about your mate?”

“I don’t care about my mate. All I care about is you. I just want you not her. Why don’t you understand Sera? I can never love her the way I love you. I don’t want my mate!”

A thud was heard that broke the tension between Kyle and me.

Behind Kyle, the girl was standing with her mouth open. Her eyes were big and glossed over. Kyle’s own eyes widened and he turned to look at her.

At that moment, I was completely sure that she was his mate.