Four- The Strange Rogue

Chapter Four- The strange Rogue

Ten months later

Dave's P.O.V.

"A rogue attack took place yesterday in the eastern part of the territory. Pack members Danny, Mitch and Ron were there. Rogues kidnapped Danny while Mitch and Ron were killed in the fight. When more wolves approached for aid, rogues were already gone." Ethan reported.

"It's the fifth attack in past two months. We have lost twelve pack members. Four are taken away while rest were killed. Our forces are weak and rogues are increasing in number. I guess they have a leader and they are intending to take over our pack." Wilson said. He is third in command.

Increasing rogue attacks are our greatest problem right now.

"We have to take an action immediately before the matter goes out of hand," Daniel said shrugging as if it didn't actually matter to him.

He has been acting strangely from the past few months. It's like he doesn't want to be an alpha anymore. I have to take all the decisions. If there is any problem then he says 'talk to my Beta', 'Ask Dave' or 'he'll take care of everything' etc. etc. And then he goes to his mate. They never get enough of each other.

"What exactly should we do?" I asked. This time I want an answer from him. He should realize that he is an Alpha and an Alpha has his duties.

"You think about that. I'm going to see Shea." He mumbled and walked out of the office room like it's not his problem at all.

Technically, I spend here more time thinking about the pack than him. I don't know what has happened to him. He was fine a few months ago. When he took over the title of Alpha, he was happy and proud. He had vowed that he'd take care of his pack at every situation but now it seems like he doesn't care at all. All he does is sleep with Shea.

Talking about Shea, she thinks that being a Luna is for barking orders at others for her own selfish demands. She doesn't care if the pack is attacked by rogues or people are killed. All she does is care about her hair, nails and what she wears.

I can sense the downfall of this pack with every day that passes. Even if rogues are not successful in their mission, this pack will still end one day.

"What are we going to do Beta?" Wilson asked me.

"We'll talk about it tomorrow." I dismissed them.

What exactly am I going to talk about?

Daniel's parents have gone for a world tour for the last four months. They won't be returning until the next couple of months. I hope we are able to handle these rogues until then. His father is better than him. Eighteen years of age is fine for the position of Alpha but I think we should have waited in case of Daniel. He's not ready for any of this.

Once at home, I rested on the couch staring up the ceiling.

So many things have changed since Sera left. I miss my sister so much. I didn't even get a chance to meet with the rogue who took away my sister. She finally found her mate and I'm happy for her but I wish she had stayed here. We could have talked to Alpha and let her mate join the pack.

"Hey! Are you okay? What happened?" I heard my mate from behind me. She slid her hands to my chest and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes in content.

Since the past four months, this is the only moment of the day when I feel better.

"Rogue attacks. I don't know what to do. Our wolves are not trained enough. I guess we have to call someone from another pack to train our wolves." I murmured.