Forty One- Crazy Old Man

Chapter Forty One- Crazy Old Man

Sera’s P.O.V.

To say the old man was not happy by my benevolent gesture would be understatement of the year. He was glaring at me with dark hooded eyes and I stared back at him coolly, not even slightly intimidated by his old self. When Miles was brought here on my orders, he was confused beyond limits. His confusion cleared when Alpha Wayne started blaming him. It was only the smug smile on my face that cleared all his bewilderment.

“Let me talk him alone Alpha.” I said calmly. Alpha Wayne seemed unsure but nodded anyway and walked out of room, his face still flushed with anger.

I sat on the comfortable chair while old man was tied to his old wooden chair which would crash if he moved vigorously which I was sure he was going to do and I will be enjoying the view.

“Why are you doing this?” He asked with an angry snarl on his face.

“I don’t know. You tell me.” I smiled at him, a sweet sarcastic smile.

He narrowed his eyes at me. “I don’t know what you are talking about. Release me this moment.”

“Sorry. Can’t do that. Alpha’s orders.” I shook my head and blinked my eyes innocently at him.

He growled at me.

“You Bit-“

“Ah, ah. No swearing old man. Little innocent girl sitting in front of you.”

He clenched his jaw tightly.

“You know what I was thinking Miles?” I leaned back on my chair and shifted my eyes to ceiling.

“What?” he barked.

“I was thinking that you are an old wolf. Not many of your age survive. Yet here you are.” I could hear anger in his breath. “The credit goes to your ability to see in things. You have this special power.” I sat straight looking dead into his eyes. “So tell me Miles, where is your brother?”

He seemed startled by my tone. Fear flashed in his eyes but he was quick to recover.

“I don’t have any brother.” He argued.

“Half-brother?” I offered.

“No!”

“So you are saying that you are the only child.” I stared at him.

“Yes. Everyone knows that I’m only child.”

“Or maybe no one knows that you are not the only child.”

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?” He shouted.

“Don’t shout old man. I don’t want you to put strain on your lungs and die, not before getting my answers.”

“What answers?”

“You know, I was taking a casual run in the woods, a harmless run to freshen myself up. And you know what I saw there,” I feigned enthusiasm “there was this palace in the middle of woods. It was heavily guarded by what I can call- rogues.”

His eyes widened in surprise. I continued, “There I met an old man. A very old man who was a rogue. And when I smelt his blood, it was exactly same as that of you. Isn’t it interesting?”

He remained silent and pursed his lips together. I sat there staring at him for next five minutes with a smirk letting him soak in all the information. Never in my life I could have thought that Miles could have a brother who was a rogue.