Thirty One - Once Again

Chapter Thirty One - Once Again

“You’re finally awake.” I murmured looking at Blood Devil’s face. His green eyes peered at me. He didn’t take more than a second to pin me down the bed with him hovering over me.

“What the hell did you do?” He growled at me. He didn’t look like a man who was unconscious a few minutes ago. His eyes looked deadly as he glared down at me.

“I didn’t bring you here to sleep with you.” I muttered not very much interested in fighting with him. We were in a motel room that I had rented in hurry. We were far from the vampire kingdom and near to the human civilization. “And can you change your face back to your original one?”

His confused eyes looked at me and then narrowed. “What are you talking about?” He gritted out.

“No need to keep that face on. Blood Devil has already told me everything.” I told him. His eyes flashed with surprised before turning cold and calm. His face was right in front of mine. For some reason, I didn’t mind it. In Blue Moon pack, I was nearly in same condition with Vladimir, the original Blood Devil. That was annoying.

Now I think, whenever I had looked at Vladimir’s face, it had always been the original Blood Devil, always. When I saw Blood Devil the first time, he had showed me his original face. When I had seen him the last time, he had his original face. The man was really good with deceiving. But right now, I have to deal with this Blood Devil in front of me, that is, the original Vladimir. Both these men confused the hell outta me.

“What did he tell you?” He narrowed his eyes at me.

“Do you know who the royal blood heir is?” I asked him instead.

It was almost unnoticeable but I managed to see a flicker of uncertainty in his eyes.

“You know what… I know who the original royal blood is.” I said tauntingly. “And right now I'm looking at him.”

“What are you talking about?” he narrowed his eyes at me. But he knew I was correct.

“I’m telling you what I know. You are the royal blood heir, aren’t you? Vladimir Summers?” I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Who told you that?” He asked. I scoffed. He was not really good at hiding things.

“I just told you. And I exactly know. You smell different. Your eyes are different. They are not the dark color of the Blood Devil’s. Your eyes have a mix hue of gold in them. Your skin is not as cold as it should be. Besides, you sleep at night.” I shrugged. “These characteristics don’t match up to that of a vampire.” I've never really seen him sleeping. I only said that because I also sleep.

I didn’t know why I was even saying all that stuff. We were sailing on the same boat.

“How did you…?” He wondered staring at me.

“I know. Blood Devil told me. He told me everything.” I murmured. His face was slow close to mine. His grip had loosened. I could easily throw him away but I didn’t want to. His smell was really nice. I stared into his eyes.

I had pointed out all the possibilities of how he was different than a normal vampire. He must have noticed those differences in me also. Especially when we were so close to each other.

“He is going to use you. Do you know that?” I asked him.

He didn’t say anything and only stared at me. The gears in his head were turning. He continued to stare at me.

“I always wondered...” he spoke out of blue. “… that why you were so different. No girl had ever interested me in the past as much as you do. The first day I looked at you… you saw me as someone I was not. You respected me. That was something I never deserved. I was a coward.” He suddenly lifted himself off me.

“It was me who changed Blood Devil’s face to mine and my face to his. I was a witch so I knew all these kinds of stuff. I excelled in magic. I had downed the identity of the Blood Devil, my creator, a long time ago. He saved my life. I owed him my life. So I went with his plan, to fool everyone. Soon he told me about royal bloods. He asked me to search for the heir. I was back in my true form and went in search of the heir.”

“The most shocking thing was, I found out who was the heir. And it was me. I was going to tell him that I was the royal blood heir he was searching for but then I met a newborn vampire. She was unconscious, brought to the castle by the Blood Devil. I knew he was going to kill me as soon as he found out that I was the heir but I didn’t want to die. Not after seeing the face of the girl. I don’t know what compelled me to lie to him.” He sighed miserably.

“He believed me. I went back to take my position as the Blood Devil and he became Vladimir. It went on for a long time. The guilt of lying to my creator was weighing down on me. But whenever I looked at this girl, everything would just disappear. I wanted to just look at her forever. I didn’t want to die.”

“Then the girl was sent back to her pack. I feared she would go back to her mate. I waited for long and then I couldn’t control myself. I went in search of her. They wanted to kill her. I could read it in their auras. So I killed all of them. But this girl can’t just keep herself from danger.” He chuckled. “She jumped right into the fire to save her bastard mate. So I had to save her again. She is such a troublesome girl. And now she knows my secret.”

My heart warmed at his words. My head was spinning from what he had told me. So Blood Devil had sent Vladimir to search for the heir too. But by that time, Blood Devil had already known that Vladimir was the heir. So that means he was trying to do something. Was he trying to test our loyalties? If it is that case then we both have failed miserably.

“Are you talking about me?” I asked after a few moments of silence. “The girl?”

He looked at me. The sighed of Blood Devil’s face almost made me flinch.

“Yes,” he answered.

“Can you change your face back? I can’t stand that face.” I pointed at him.

“Straight forward as ever,” he smirked and his face transformed to that of Vladimir’s. He was the guy who had always been in front of me in Blood Devil’s physique. But this is the real him.

I smiled. For the first time in a long time, I felt happiness. Ever since I had been rejected by Daniel, these feelings were completely lost to me. But now, I feel happy again after hearing that from him. It is really good.

There are still many secrets between us. We are going to discuss them. But just for this moment, I want to admit to myself that this is where I belong. Not with Daniel. Not with that crafty Blood Devil. But with Vladimir. The name that always left bad taste in my mouth now leaves a completely new, unique flavor.

Now that I know the reality, I have to focus. But before that, there are still many things I need to tell him.