Twenty six- Fear

Chapter Twenty Six - Fear

Sera’s P.O.V.

Kyle groaned with another spasm of pain. His stomach had a huge gash- from silver. Various bones from ribs were broken. His femur had multiple fractures. When I heard that Kyle was injured, I didn’t know it’d be that bad. Pack doctor immediately started with whatever work he does while I sat outside, my mind a complete mess.

This is the first time since I came here that I’ve started losing my control. I tapped my right foot impatiently in order to keep my anger in check because any moment I’m going to explode.

Kyle was going to survive. He had sustained many injuries but they were nothing for a werewolf- except for silver gash on his stomach. It will take a month to heal leaving a nasty scar. A powerful Alpha like him was in a vulnerable condition like that. It didn’t make me feel relaxed about Dave’s situation. I could smell Dave on Kyle.

They were together and something happened that landed Kyle in hospital. I just wonder what it might have done to Dave. But I hope he is alright. He is going to be alright. Their wolves are almost trained now. Dave didn’t have much to worry about, except for the traitor. I still wonder who this traitor is.

I told Daniel that it was Shea but truth to be told, I don’t honestly know. But I have a strong feeling that she is related to it somehow.

I took a deep breath and watched the door closed. Dave must be okay. He is going to be okay. I just have to find out where he is before those rouges do any damage to him. I swear I will tear them into shreds if they cause any harm to my brother.

And my thoughts went to my friend- Manny. She must be worried now. I really don’t know what to tell her. She is pregnant and she needs someone the most now.

I stood up and straightened my shirt. This is time to see Manny. I hope everything is alright.

I drove to her fast my vision getting blurry but I refused to let tears show their existence. They will die in my eyes. I can’t help thinking about my brother. Rogues are ruthless. They torture their prisoners. They can’t do that to my brother. I will kill them if they even lay a finger on him. He is my brother and no one touches my brother.

But he is taken away. What am I going to do?

I blinked back my tears. Nothing is going to happen to Dave. He will be completely fine.

I killed the engine once pulling into driveway and rushed inside. She didn’t even lock the door. I entered the living room to find Manny sobbing silently on the couch.

“Manny,” I croaked. Her broken condition broke me from inside. It made me more aware of my brother’s state.

“Sera,” she chocked and I put my arms around her. She buried her face in my shoulder and I let her tears soak my shirt. She started saying incoherent sentences about Dave being in danger and the harm that could be caused to him.

It would be completely wrong to say that I was not scared. For the first time in past few months, I could feel fear and I personally hate this feeling. But I can’t control frantic beating of my heart and the potential danger on my brother.

He is going to be okay. He is going to be okay.

That’s what I told myself and that’s what I told Manny but she kept on crying. I knew what I was going to do but at that moment, I didn’t think of anything better and injected the sedative in her blood vessels. She went limp in my arms and I carried her to car, bringing her to pack doctor who connected an IV. I just watched them.