Twenty Three - Just Great

Chapter Twenty Three - Just Great

“I WILL KILL YOU! YOU CAN’T TAKE MY SERA AWAY FROM ME! NO ONE CAN TAKE MY SERA AWAY FROM ME!”

“Can you shut your mouth for once?” Vladimir said in an annoyed tone.

“You are the one who have shut your mouth.” I scolded him. “Who asked you to tell him that you are my mate?”

“I thought it would be fun to see your reaction. I didn’t know you had this crazy creature as your mate.”

“TALK TO ME YOU BASTARD!”

“This is getting really annoying now.”

“That’s what you get for trying to be smart.”

Vladimir ignored me. “Where is Kyle anyways? We’ve been locked in here for a day now. I don’t like to be treated like this.”

“What are you doing here?” I asked Daniel still not looking in his direction. I’ve never seen a naked man before neither do I plan to.

“YOU ARE MINE SERA. MINE ONLY.”

“He’s not going to talk about anything else.” Vladimir muttered.

“This is all your fault.” I glared at him.

“I didn’t know your mate was crazy.” He said pointing at Daniel who was still screaming about how I was his.

I didn’t get any chance to respond as the commotion from outside grabbed my attention. I looked at the source of noise. A couple of guards came down. They were followed by a strong scent which I knew belonged to Jason.

As he came inside, he smiled at me and asked the guards to open the doors. I and Vladimir were let outside but Daniel was still in his cell. He didn’t stop screaming.

“YOU ARE MINE. ONLY MINE. MINE!”

Jason gave Daniel a confused look.

“Took you long enough.” Vladimir said grudgingly.

“Sorry Mr. Summers. We were searching for thenAlpha. He had gone missing after his fight with your mate. Then we found this werewolf in the forest.” He said pointing at Daniel. “He was injured and poisoned. The scratches tell us that he was in a fight with Alpha. Now we have found the Alpha and he ordered us to let you out.” Jason explained and then apologized for putting us in dungeons.

“It’s alright Jason,” I said. If I was at his place I could have done the same thing. “But why is Daniel acting like this?” I asked pointing my thumb in Daniel's direction.

“He was poisoned by a herb that makes a werewolf lose control of his senses for twenty four hours. He will be fine by tomorrow.” Jason answered and then watched me curiously. His gaze flickered to Daniel and then back to me. Something flashed in his eyes. I could feel the gears in his head turning.

“Yes, he was my mate.” I confirmed his suspicions.

“Oh!” was all he said.

“Let’s go darling.” Vladimir said to me while looking at Daniel.

Daniel went crazy inside the cell. He screamed at the top of his lungs. I glared at floor as we were lead outside of the dungeons. Vladimir was looking around with concentrated eyes. He was memorizing every part of the dungeons really well.

“Have you heard about herbs like that?” Vladimir asked.

“Yeah. They are called Arophanous.” I answered not explaining anything more.

“Great! Even she knows this.” He grumbled making me glare at him.

“And he doesn’t know this.” I shot back.

“I’m not a werewolf.” He defended himself.

I scoffed and didn’t say anything back in return. We reached Kyle’s office room. This time, there was another scent mingled with Kyle’s scent. It made me smile. Finally the Alpha has got his brain back because now he has given his heart to the right person.

Inside the office, Kyle was sitting on his chair while his mate was sitting on the couch. I smiled at her when I saw her. She also smiled back at me. Her smile was more of confusion. It was completely forced. I was not surprised. Neither didn’t I take it as a rude act. That came out of her naturally. A naturally forced smile.

“Hello Summers and Winters,” Kyle greeted us. I chuckled at his greeting words. Even his mate sitting on the couch smiled at that.

“Hi Kyle,” I said. “Looks like you’re finally with your mate.”

He lowered his head and nodded. “I am. I’m sorry for what I did in the past.”

“You didn’t do anything.” I said.

He only shook his head. “You have no idea what I have done.”

I frowned at his words. The ominous tone in his voice made me think that he had really screwed up something big.

“What have you done Kyle?” I asked him. I looked between Vladimir and me.

I looked at Vladimir. His face was void of any expressions.

“I called Daniel here.” He murmured.

I raised an eyebrow.

I sighed. “I wanted to separate you from your mate so I called Daniel and told him that you were here.”

I stayed silent and let him speak.

“He came to my territory in search of you but came across my mate. But before that he had somehow consumed Arophanus and went crazy. He attacked Destiny but I stopped him.” He explained.

“So Daniel is here because of you?” I asked.

“Yeah. I’m really sorry for what I did. But I’ve promised to give him my protection. I can’t break my promise so he is going to live here for a few weeks.”

Just great.

“Doesn’t he have a pack to look after?”

“He has given that position to his beta. After losing his mate, Daniel gave up the position of Alpha until he gets his Luna back but from current situation, it appears like he’s never going to get his Luna back.” Kyle smirked teasingly at me.

How things have turned out to be like this?