Twenty Nine - Truth

Chapter Twenty Nine - Truth

“Tell me Sera, what do you want to know?” He asked with a smirk on his face. He took a chair from the other side of the room in the blink of an eye. Setting it in front of me, he sat on it, staring right into my eyes. Something was so different about him, so weird about him.

“Who are you?” I asked after remaining silent for about a minute.

He sighed. “I am Blood Devil.” He shrugged. “My real name is… I think you know it already.”

“Benjamin Daniels,” I remembered it from that dream. It didn’t feel like a dream. After I recalled that dream, I suspect there is something more to it. “That dream… that was just not a dream, right?”

“You are right,” he said simply. “It was a world created by me that was shown in your dream.”

“A world created by you?”

“An ideal world where you would simply fall in love with me without much efforts from my side. That was unsuccessful though. When you woke up, your affection for me was not as much as I had wanted.”

I gave him a confused look.

“There is one thing I will tell you. I’m sure it will really surprise you.”

“I’ve been with you for one year and two months not as Blood Devils but as Vladimir Summers.”

What?! Blood Devil was Vladimir. Let me get this straight. After I had been turned into a vampire, the person I thought was Vladimir was actually Blood Devil. But who was the Vampire king then? Was it Vladimir, who was actually Blood Devil or was it Blood Devil who was… what?

This is confusing.

“I am the Vampire King and I have many enemies too. You see… I’m not very popular. I had bitten several humans and other supernatural creatures to expand my army. I wanted to make as much vampires as possible. But you see I have only two. Every wonder why?

“Everyone here says that in my entire history, I only ever made two vampires. And that’s true. Though I tried to make many but my venom was too much for them and they died.” He shrugged. “There were hundreds of them who died. Humans, werewolves, witches. I didn’t make any exception.”

“After several hundred years, I gave up thinking that I could transform anyone into a vampire with my venom. So I had started injecting my venom into them only to watch them dying in pain, as you had already felt.”

I remembered that excruciating pain I had felt when he had bitten me. That was so horrible. I wanted to die. It was slow and really, really painful. It sickens me to think that he was doing something for his enjoyment.

“A few years ago, I came across a warlock. A weak, pathetic warlock who was on the verge of dying. I thought of prolonging his death. I sat there, watching him thrashing around in pain, waiting for his death. I was surprised when he didn’t die. I was very much surprised when he woke up as a vampire. Not only that, his eyes had also changed from blue to green.”

Wait! Is he talking about Vladimir? But Vladimir is Blood Devil. So does that mean that Blood Devil is Vladimir?

“My hopes went up again. I had made a vampire and that too from warlock. You know… vampires can only ever make humans as vampires because their weak blood can be dominated by vampire blood. But the chances of survival of those vampires are very less. But I was able to turn a warlock into a vampire. That vampire was powerful and smelt different. I thought I had created a new species.”

“I tried to bite more warlocks and witches but they all died. I wondered why there was only one creature I could turn into a vampire. And then I came across a werewolf. What was his name? Ah! Harry Wayne Osborn.”