Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Dave is going to be kill me. The next time I see him, he lock me up in a dungeon and starve me to death. Nah, my brother won’t do that. But he will imprison me for sure. That’s what he had promised ‘if you try to escape then I will lock you up in the prison and never let you out’. So I didn’t listen to him and sneaked out at the middle of night.

I was going to California to find Blood Devil. Something told me he was there. Maybe my sixth sense. I had a strong feeling that he was somewhere there strolling under the sunlight. So ironic to the existence of vampires, particularly the king of the vampires.

I flipped through the pages of the book that explained the history of Royal Bloods.

Royal Bloods are said to be descendent of angels. The rough information tells that a child was born to angels. They couldn’t keep it with them because the child had some abnormalities that made their existence in heaven nil. It meant the child was either meant to be sent to hell or earth. Of course the angel couple won’t send the child to hell so they dropped him on earth, in the house of a wealthy barren couple.

That child was direct descendent of angel and very strong. As he grew he found out about his powers. In his dreams the angels taught him how to use them. The name was not given in the book. He fell in love with a girl and they had a kid together, a girl. And then the bloodline of royal bloods started. He also had a boy. His kids married someone else and their kids married someone else. They process started. But none of them was able to use their powers.

For that they needed to be as strong as the first royal blood. And it was impossible because all of the descendants had only half part of their genes as royal blood part. There are many royal bloods on earth but they can use their powers to a small extent only. There are only two royal bloods in a generation who can use these complete powers. And these two royal bloods are mates. Their blood mixes to form a strong bond that enhances their powers. If they are royal bloods and not mates then they won’t be able to use their powers.

It reminded me of Selene and Matthew. They must be mates. That’s why they can use their powers. And I can use them only to a certain extent else I will faint. So I can use to a great extent if I find my mate. And my mate needs to be a royal blood. Blood Devil is a royal blood but he might or might not be my mate. And Daniel is my mate but he is not a royal blood. Or he is?

This is so messed up. Can Daniel be a royal blood? There is a possibility that he can be. He never used his powers. He never tried to. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t have them at all. I have to find out if Daniel is my mate or not. And for that I have to confirm that I’m not Blood Devil’s mate and for that I have to find Blood Devil.

What if I’m not his mate? He sent me to find the royal blood even though he knew I was one. Still he sent me to find one. For what? Searching for his mate because he knew I was not the one. Someone else is his mate. That thought made my heart clench in my chest. I felt something like that after a long time.

I closed my eyes and tried to something else. No. Blood Devil can’t have another mate. After what happened in that room in Alaska… No way. I can’t bear thinking about it. But isn’t that what fate throws in my face- heartache. When it comes to love, my luck is as good as bad luck. Daniel left me for Shea. He was my mate. He was supposed to love me unconditionally but he chose someone else over me. To make the matters worse it had to be Shea. Was she better than me?

I don’t love Blood Devil. I can’t love him. But if he is my mate then I don’t know what I will do. Will we mate? Heat rose in my cheeks at the thought. If I want to use my powers then I need to mate with him.

But if he is not my mate.

I slumped back on my seat. This is not getting me anywhere. I need to keep my mind clear. First I have to find out who is exactly my mate. Daniel or Blood Devil. If it’s Daniel then I’ll forget the Blood Devil and never think about him again. If it’s Blood Devil… I still don’t know what will be his reaction. Will he like to be my mate or will he reject me? That thought of being rejected made my heart shrink.

I have to think positive or my mind will explode before I find either of the two men.

I hope Daniel returns from his exile soon. Where does this man go when he is needed most?

University of California. I have to find that University and search for Blood Devil. How difficult it will be. I have to look for Harry Roberts. How will I find the boy though? Will the technique of seduction work?

*** ***

“Thank you so much,” I smirked up at the lean boy with tangled hair. He looked so nervous as I leaned forward. Chuckling to myself, I pulled back and gave him a flying kiss before heading towards the address. I finally found out where Harry was. Now the question is- is he really Blood Devil? The last time I saw B.D. was when he had possessed Harry or when he was Harry. This is turning more confusing the more I think about it so I shut my mind up and knocked on the door of the apartment.

It was a nice building. I, for sure, knew that B.D. could afford it easily. And a college student might. That all depends upon circumstances. When there was no response from the other side, without thinking as I had told myself earlier to do, I pushed the door with a little more force that it broke from its lock broke. I barged inside and my eyes almost bulged at the scene in front of me.

Harry had a girl under him wearing his shirt while he was wearing only boxers. They both were indulged in a heavy make out session.

My heart constricted at the sight. With a hanging mouth, I tried to control the hurt and building rage inside me. Don’t let him be Blood Devil, please. I begged my fate. But fate always has the cruel way of showing what life is. And it has always been cruel to me. What can be different this time?

****

They were sniffing for the royal bloods but there was not a trace of them. It would have been easier if they exactly knew where that bloody royal blood was. He would squeeze the bastard with his bare hands. And where was that mutt Petro who told them that he had seen Blood Devil in California. He was supposed to meet them but there was not even a single sign of him.

He looked around carefully and sniffed in the air. Something was different in this air. His sensations grew and a smirk played on his lips. A vampire had been in that place. The place mostly had buildings and houses mostly to let apartments for college students. Maybe vampires from California had also gotten the air of Blood Devil and that Sera.

Sera… She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. But damn that Blood Devil who didn’t let anyone come near his precious Sera. She was the second vampire he had turn. There was no doubt, the girl was insanely beautiful and equally talented. She was fast and smart. He was not the only one who had wanted her.

And he hated it immensely. He hated her for making him want her. If it was not her, he would have long taken over that Blood Devil and ruled the Vampire Kingdom. He would have kept Sera by his side. He would have treated her better than Blood Devil ever did. But she was so stupid and like those girls who try to gain Blood Devil’s attention.

She was attracted to that man. It was clearly visible to him but Blood Devil never noticed. For him she was his pampered girl. The only girl he ever turned into a vampire.

What if she was the only female turned by Blood Devil. He was the only male turned by him. And he will show Blood Devil that he was far way to better than anyone. And Sera… she will be his, at every cost.

Once he destroys Blood Devil then Daniel will only be the last problem left. And he can kill that mutt with a snap of his finger.

“Sir, we’ve found the werewolf. He is ready to lead us to Blood Devil.” His man said.

Vladimir smirked evilly.  “Let’s go then.”