Seven- Talking to Brother

Chapter Seven - Talking to Brother

Sera's P.O.V.

I made my way towards the packhouse to meet my brother. We've talked a little before but now I want to talk to him properly. There are several questions hanging in the air that I have to answer. I don't know what his reaction will be. He might hate me or sympathize with me. Not that I'm back and I hope he doesn't get angry.

Daniel rejected me. After whatever he had put me through he had the never to reject me and he even put the blame on me. He even questioned my existence. I had to stop myself from killing him at that instant. 

I can't deny there is a little bit of attraction I feel for him. I remember last time, my wolf was howling when we met our mate. But now that she has died, I don't feel that great attraction towards him. Yeah, it's still there. As much as I hate to say that, I still like his shining golden hair and piercing blue eyes. But I'm never going to admit it to him, not yet.

He was right about rejecting me. It will cause us pain, both of us. But my wolf has died so he will be in the one more pain than I. He has already marked another wolf and I don't have any werewolf to be my mate. I don't need a werewolf mate. What I have is more than enough. But I swear I will make him regret it. Whatever he has done, I will make him regret it every day of life starting from now. You are on for a game Daniel Wayne.

"Sera," I heard a faraway voice and found Dave approaching me.

He has grown since I last saw him. He is stronger and sharper than before. When I had peeped into his brain, I found out that he is the one taking over the duties of Alpha for the past four months because Daniel was a good-for-nothing Alpha. It made me smirk. He deserves to be called that.

"Hey Dave," I smiled at him.

I'm proud of my brother. I knew he was always the best, better than Daniel.

He stood in front of me with a frown on his face. I tried to read his thoughts. He was thinking about my talk with Daniel and he had a suspicion that Daniel was my mate and on the grounds of that suspicion, he felt guilty for not believing me that day.

Losing my wolf was covered up by the powers I was granted thereafter. One of them included reading the minds of my pack members

"What were you two talking about?" He asked.

He didn't want to know if me being Daniel's mate is really a truth. I understand it. He is scared what I might have gone through after that and he is right about that. But he needs to know that I'm fine now. I stop reading his thoughts to have a normal conversation.

"I have no wolf. I'm no longer a werewolf. Daniel talked to me about providing me protection. I must say your Alpha knows a little bit about running a pack. I was highly surprised by his offer. I thought he was going to leave it on your shoulders." I told him what I had thought.

We walked side by side towards the packhouse where only Alpha family lives along with maids and guards.

He grabbed my elbow and I halted on my steps making me look at him.

"Y-You lost your wolf? H-How? Where was your mate?" He inquired.

I knew he wanted me to admit that Daniel was my mate and not some rogue. At the same time,he didn't. He was in daniel.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said in a sad voice and his face softened. Vestiges of curiosity still lingered there.

"Okay. But don't think I'm dropping this topic. You will tell me whatever happened." He said and we started walking again.

"When the right time comes," I told him. "And tell me about you. Who is your mate? Who is she?" I asked with a smile on my face.

I can get into his brain but listening from others has more fun. Dave and I share the same DNA so I'm able to hear his thoughts though he can't do the same to me. And since I haven't accepted Daniel's rejection, I can also hear his thoughts. Their thoughts are clearer than others.

"You know her." He said creating a mystery and I sort of liked it. Playing this game with my brother, acting so carefree, I've missed this.

"Why don't you just tell me?" I asked glaring playfully at him.

"What would be fun about it? Figure out yourself." He said shrugging his shoulders.

"What do I get if I figure it out?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"I will do as you ask me to. Your one wish is locked with me." He answered raising one finger when he said 'one wish'.

I was tempted to go inside his brain and find out who she was but that won't be fun, as he says.

"Give me more hints then. 'I know her' is not enough." I air quoted.

He smirked before nodding his head.

"She talks a lot sometimes."

Considering I didn't know many people in the pack because I was an anti-social girl, I can only come up with few names- Dave, Marian, Manny, her parents, old lady Woodson and a couple of children. I didn't have a big circle of friends.

And I know only one of them who talks a lot sometimes because I have spent maximum time with her.

"Manny," I answered with a grin on my face.

He smiled and nodded his head.

I was really startled to hear that. Manny and Dave. My best friend and my brother. I don't know what to think about it. They are mates. They are a team now. I'm happy for him, for both of them. I don't have to worry that he got some wench. Manny is the nicest girl I've met in my life. Dave deserves her. And she deserves him. They will definitely make a perfect couple.

"That's awesome Dave! Wow! I can't believe it! Manny is the best mate you can find in this pack. I'm happy for both of you." I said truthfully and nudged his side.

He slapped my arm away and I widened my eyes.

"Did you just hit me?" I asked in mock shock.

"Oh well, I did." He said stepping away from me with a smile on his face that only grew wider.

"Well, I'm  going to return it to you then." I ran towards him but he ran away from me.

***** *