Thirty Three - Lost Hope

Chapter Thirty Three - Lost Hope

Sera's P.O.V.

“Never again,” I muttered staring at the dilapidated walls of the dungeon. I’m never going to trust my heart again. That is if Blood Devil doesn’t kill me first.

Betrayed by my mate twice. Two time. Not one but two. Never put your trust on someone else. I’ve learnt this lesson. Except for my brother and Manny, everyone in my life has let me down somehow. But it was my fault. I was the one who had so many expectations from the people who didn’t even care about me. In the end, I’m where I’m supposed to be. All alone. In a dungeon.

What should I do to get out of this place? Should I even try to get out? Who am I living for? I’m sure Dave is living safely with Manny. I haven’t called him but I have made sure he won’t come back in search of me. So that leaves me… only me.

Will it matter if I die? I really don’t think so. There won’t be anyone to cry for me. But do I want to die like that? A nameless sacrifice? I really don’t think so too.

Vladimir and Daniel, I want to kill both of them. I really want to kill them for betraying me like that. Especially Vladimir.

But, on the other hand, there are still many things I want to know. I don’t want to die like a curious cat. So I need to get out of here. Even if it is for my own satisfaction, even it is just for the sake of a couple of answers, I really need to get out of this place.

I’m not expecting anyone to save me. I already know what happens when you expect something from someone. It would be better if I live in despair than living on a fake hope. The later part really stings.

After my escape the last time, Blood Devil has tightened the security. This time, I’m sure all the vampires are hungry for my blood. I had burnt down their beautiful castle after all.

So in the end, I’m in a situation where no one wants to be. I am trapped. And all alone.

** **

Vladimir’s P.O.V.

Regret was eating up my insides. What had I done? Sera… the girl I loved. I… But Blood Devil, I couldn’t betray him just like that. He was the one to save my life when I was at the brink of death, not Sera. And now I’ve pushed her to her death.

Blood Devil is not going to forgive her. I know that for sure. He is going to make her pay. He is going to make her every breath a pain until she herself rips her heart out. That mere thought made me feel guilty all over again. I want to save her. I really want to save her.

That kiss with Sera… it was my first kiss. I had never felt something so strong in my life. Whenever I thought of that kiss, I wanted to kiss her once again. I wanted to envelope her in my arms and protect her from Blood Devil. Why was I having feelings like that?

“Vladimir, Can I come inside?” Celia entered my room. I started at her form as she placed my clothes on the bed and then started to arrange them in the closet.

A kiss, right? What if I kiss Celia? Will I feel the same I felt with Sera? Maybe it was just that kiss messing up with my emotions.

I walked towards Celia. If I kiss her and get the same feelings I got from Sera then it will mean that those were the effects of a kiss. There is nothing more to it. I need to prove it.

I was close to Celia, so very close. She was bending down to pick her clothes and I was right behind her. Suddenly she turned around and I readied myself to kiss her. Her dull reddish brown eyes looked at me in surprise. Reddish brown eyes… not green.

I stepped away from her while shaking my head. What am I thinking? I can never feel anything for any other girl. The feelings I have for Sera are so much more.

“Vladimir,” Celia spoke my name seductively. I know she has slept with Blood Devil before when he was still posing as me.

I ignored her and sat on my bed.

“Leave the room.” I ordered firmly.

“What?”

“I said leave the room.” I repeated.

“Are you serious?” She asked.

“Yes, I am. Now leave.”

“Whatever. Your loss.” She walked out of the room. I was a bit thankful to her. When I was posing as Blood Devil, she won’t leave my side no matter how much I rejected her. Looks like status attracts the girls like her the most.

But Sera… she came for me. She kidnapped me. That thought made me chuckle. She had actually kidnapped me. She didn’t go with Blood Devil’s plans. I know he wants to make her the queen of the Vampire Kingdom. She will get immense power if she agrees. But that’s not what she wants. She wants to save this world.

That’s why she is not Celia. She is a unique a girl.

I handed her over to the Devil. She placed her trust on me and I shoved her in fire.

What is she doing right now? Is she safe?

Blood Devil has been busy with reconstructing the parts that were damaged due to fire. Once he is over with that, he will go right back to Sera. And I’m sure, this time, he’s not going to hold back.

I’m powerless right now. I don’t know how I will even save Sera. Blood Devil is too strong. But I can’t sit back like a coward and let her suffer for my mistakes.

I’ve always felt gratitude for Blood Devil but my feelings for Sera are much stronger than that. I need to do something to save Sera. I have to get out of this Vampire Kingdom safely with Sera. Her life is already in danger. I don’t want to do something that will put her in further danger though.

** **

Third Person’s P.O.V.

Blood Devil was inspecting the progress in the ballroom. That girl had damaged his castle really bad. No one died. Not that he actually cared if someone did. But he had to admit, that girl was smarter than he gave her credit for. Not only did she manage to escape from him, she also kidnapped that good-for-nothing Vladimir.

The fool handed over his own mate to Blood Devil in silver platter. Even after she had told him the truth, he still chose Blood Devil over Sera. That was something Blood Devil really liked.

He had initially planned to make Sera his queen but the plan needed to be changed. After Vladimir had betrayed her, she won’t care for him at all. Blood Devil had originally planned to blackmail her to be by his side for the safety of her mate. But now, she would be the first one willing to kill Vladimir.

Blood Devil is planning into sweet talking her once. But he doubts if his plans would be successful. She is surely going to refuse him. In the end, he will have no choice but to kill her.

At least he will have one royal blood by his side and that would be enough.

A man came running towards Blood Devil and stopped a few feet away before kneeling down.

“Your majesty, Mr. Summers is not in his room. He is nowhere in the kingdom.”

*****

A/N:

This story is really tiring me. I'm finding it hard to continue with it. But I'm finding it even harder to discontinue it. Not when there are still those who are reading this book.
So please tell me dear readers, are you enjoying the way this book is going?

This book is now nearing to its end.

Please vote, comment and share.

-nerdinspects