Twenty Two - Cell

Chapter Twenty Two - Cell

Sera’s P.O.V.

“You’re so such a jerk. I could call you many names but I fear God.” I gave Vladimir a look of pure disgust.

“What? It was not my fault that you had bewitched Kyle.” He shrugged innocently.

“But you made him jealous by sitting near me. You sent him to me. You were the one who made me think about his mate. That’s why you talked to me about her, didn’t you?” I pointed my finger at him. “You knew if you probed the topic I would be tempted to talk about it to Kyle. Then you sent him to me. And, of course, I asked Kyle about his mate. He lunged at me and now I’m in this dungeon because you had to play your stupid mind games.”

He leaned against the wall of his cell while I was sitting cross legged in my cell. We were given adjacent cells. That’s good because I might have killed him if were put together in one cell.

“It’s impressive that you surmised all of this.”

I glared at him. “And what did that achieve?”

“Entertainment?” He raised an eyebrow and I gave him a dirty look. He rolled his eyes. “Come on. You have to admit. It was a fun part… for me. Especially your expressions when wolf Kyle jumped at you.”

“I’m glad you were entertained.” I scoffed.

He didn’t say anything after that. I, on the other hand, was pondering why he did that. Knowing Vladimir, he doesn’t do anything without any purpose. It was something that was worth us spending some time in these dirty and dark dungeons.

He talked about two girls – One was Kyle’s mate and another was that trainee. I have a hunch that whatever he did was for that girl. Whatever the result came out is unknown to me. But there was something amiss.

“So…” I started. “Was this for that girl?” I asked looking at him. He didn’t turn his face to me. His eyes were closed and he was completely relaxed.

“I have a feeling that she is not what she shows us.” He said.

“What do you mean?” I asked in bewilderment.

“Think Sera… think. She had exactly same green eyes at mine and yours. It’s bright and dark at the same time. The color is very unique. There is only person besides us who has those eyes. I know you have figured this out but don’t tell this to whole world now. We are in dungeons and walls have ears.” He told me.

I had opened my mouth to day ‘Blood Devil’ but closed it at his words. So he thinks that the girl is Blood Devil? Can Blood Devil do something like that? I had never seen it but for some reason, I still think that he can. Have I seen it or not? Maybe he had changed into someone else in past. Like…

I don’t know. Why am I even thinking of it? I should think about Kyle’s mate. That girl. She was really hurt by his words. It was clearly written on her face. But I knew Kyle was not Daniel. I knew he wouldn’t just leave his mate. He needed one push. His wolf already wanted her and now his human form also feels protective of her. Maybe he will need a bit more convincing but I know he will do it.

“Someone is coming,” Vladimir whispered lowly.

I sat up quickly as footsteps approached. The scent was very familiar. It was mingled scent of both Blue Moon and Moonstone pack. I knew only one person who could have that scent. I stood near the iron bars coated with silver. It didn’t hurt as it happens with werewolves or vampires. It was normal as it is for humans. Maybe that’s because I’m the heir. But I’m never going to let anyone know about it.