Thirty Two- Alpha

Chapter Thirty Two- Alpha
Daniel’s P.O.V.

That was something I had never felt before. As soon as shrieks of my pack members filled my ears, my gums itched to sink my teeth in the intruder’s flesh. My wolf snarled, ready to come out- to protect the pack. It was the fastest transformation ever. No one even could hear sound of my clothes ripping as I shifted into my wolf like a lightning and ran towards the origin of commotion.

Most part of the ground was cleared as wolves scattered to protect themselves. A small group of people stood farthest away with few werewolves. I could easily identify some of them as warrior wolves while others were common wolves. Some were shifting into the wolf forms while other couldn’t.

My eyes darkened when they fell on rogues attacking my harmless pack members. Rage built inside me with a power that enabled me to jump on a rogue a kill him faster than cyanide. All I could see was red while I pounced on another werewolf while dragging another’s leg between my teeth. There was weight on my back as a rogue landed on my back but I violently shook it away and then bared my teeth at it.

There were six rogues- four of them already dead while two others were captured by warriors. I wanted to kill them too but I didn’t. They were going to be prisoners.

Take them to dungeons. I ordered them. With a curt nod, they left. There were no injured wolves from pack. Only a couple of them got minor scratches which were nothing for a werewolf. They were going to heal fast.

I could have shifted into my human form if it didn’t mean to stand naked in front of my pack members. All werewolves had calmed down by then and they circled around me. Dead bodies of rogues were dragged away by other wolves. I made my way to podium as the way cleared.

I stood on my fours and howled followed by other wolves. The connection I felt was so much stronger than before. It was a new feeling, a very powerful feeling.

It was the first time I felt like someone important. There was respect in their eyes which made my wolf stand erect in pride.

Everyone was gazing at their Alpha but there was one gaze that drew my attention like a moth to light. Her gaze was like a moon in night sky while others were stars. Even though she was staring at back of my head, she was all I could feel. She was all I could focus on.

As soon as I turned around, I found her standing several meters away from me. But her green eyes were so clear even from the distance. Her blank face didn’t give away anything. It was the warmth in her eyes replacing the usual coldness this time and I couldn’t help my stare back at her, my feet carried me to her on my own.

My vision was blocked by a face that materialized in front of me.

The man stood with his blonde hairs and slightly wrinkled skin. There was a grin on his face as he gazed at me with pride. His pale blue eyes had a gleam in them.

“Dad,” I was shocked to see him. I didn’t think he’d return before a month. To see him standing in front of me was a joy and I immediately enveloped him a hug which he returned.

He chuckled.

“Nice to meet you too, son.” He said patting my back. He pulled away. “How’s Alpha doing? By witnessing that, I’m proud of you. You will be a great Alpha.”

I was bewildered. What did he see? My wolf rejecting Shea’s wolf?

“Son, don’t forget your mother.” My mother’s voice called and I smiled at her. She looked same. Her brunette hairs were pulled in a bun and her grey eyes were smiling at me with love and adoration.

“Mom, I can never forget you.” I hugged her. She wrapped her arms around me, squeezing me tightly.

“I missed you.” She said pulling away.

“I missed you too.” I smiled and she kissed my forehead.

“I’m so happy that you have become such a great Alpha. You make me proud.” Her eyes welled up with tears of happiness and all I could do was smile at her.

You are nothing but a worthless Alpha. Sera’s words came ringing in my ears.

All my confidence crashed down.

I’m not a good Alpha. Even my mate thinks I’m not good enough.

“Where’s Shea?” My mother asked looking around.

I didn’t know what to say. Should I tell her that my wolf rejected her wolf? Is she still considered my mate? I feel bad on doing that to her but she is not the Luna. She is not good enough for that.

Wasn’t that the same I thought for Sera? And how much I regret that now.

But for some reason, I don’t regret it even a tiny bit for Shea. She is definitely not a good Luna. But will Sera be?

If I try to be a good Alpha, Sera will most definitely turn out to be a good Luna.

That reminds me. Wasn’t I supposed to tell my father that Sera is my mate. I remember her words exactly.

The first person you will tell about me will be your dad and he is returning back in two months.

That got reduced to one month now.

“Dad, I want to talk about something.” I said in a serious tone and my father understood immediately.

He nodded his head.

“Let’s go inside.” He wrapped an arm around my mother’s waist and we were lead t pack house.

“I thought you were not going to return until next month.” I asked frowning as we walked.

“We were invited for your birthday. Your Beta wanted it to be a surprise for you.”

“Dave?” I asked and again I felt something in my stomach. I hope he is fine. I’m going to find him soon. I will find him.

“Yeah. But it was not Dave who invited us.” He said with a shrug.

I frowned. If it was not Dave then who invited mom and dad?

“Who invited you?” I asked.

“Dave’s mate. Manny.” He answered.

**** **** ****

Another chapter and now another chapter will also be coming like really soon. Just wait and read. Oh, and don’t forget to vote and comment.

-nerdinspects