Thirty Five - Pack Business

Chapter Thirty Five - Pack Business

“What are you planning to do now?” I asked Blood Devil as I sat on the chair in front of his desk. He was sitting back on his chair. There was only the distance of the table between us. He was staring at me intently; his bright green eyes were fixed on me.

I frowned feeling something shift in the air. I ignored the feeling that something was different. He had already deceived me before. There was no way I was going to trust him once again.

“You are going to Moonstone pack.” He spoke calmly.

I raised an eyebrow. “Any why is that?”

“To eliminate any hurdle in our path.”

“And what exactly are you talking about?”

“Daniel Wayne Osborn.” He answered, leaning back on his chair.

I stared at him blankly for a couple of seconds. If he wants to kill Daniel then he may do it himself. Why is he sending me to that pack?

“You are leaving today,” he spoke. “As soon as you kill him, you will return to this pack. But there is something else you have to do.”

“And what is that?”

“Kidnap Harry Osborn,”

“Daniel’s father? What do you want him for?”

“Something,” he shrugged. “It won’t be a difficult task for you. I believe you can handle it alone.”

I nodded my head. “Of course I can.”

“Then why do you look doubtful?”

“Sometimes I think I’m just imagining things but in the end they turn out to be true.”

He smirked at my words, his green eyes glinting. “That’s up to you- whether you want to believe it or not, before the truth is revealed.”

“I know the truth. Right now I would rather ignore it. I have another matter to solve.” I told him as I stood up.

“Is anything else you want from me?” I inquired.

“You can always kiss me?” He offered. I gave him a blank look.

“Don’t get ahead of yourself, Blood Devil.”

I left the room after that. That guy has a nerve. I wanted to wring his neck right then. But I have something else to do. His idea had caught me off guard. I think it works in my favor. After all, I want to know so many things. And I am sure I will get answers from Harry Osborn.

What about Daniel? Will I have to kill him, for real? That bastard created a lot of problems for me. I imagine what would have happened if I had not been rejected by him. Surely wouldn't have made such a mess of my life.

I wonder where that face of my original mate is. But forget it, Sera. You have to do something else for now.

This is a good time to call Dave. Though I had doubted I would be able to see his face again after Blood Devil had captured me.

For some reason, I'm feeling relieved at the current situation. Right now, I don't trust anyone around me except for Dave and Manny. This situation leaves me satisfied. I don't have to worry who is going to stab me on the back. So there is no fear in the end. I'm ready to die at any moment. But I want to see Dave's child's face before dying.

As I entered the territory of my old pack again, I felt something peculiar in the air. Everyday I feel like I'm growing stronger. Ever since I was captured and put in the dungeons a month ago. Maybe self reflection did me a favor.

I had made some plans during that month. I had planned how I would meet Blood Devil. That went exactly I had expected. But after that... he ordered me to return to my pack? What was he thinking sending me back to this place. Eliminating Daniel? Why won't he do that by himself? Maybe he wants to dirty my hands by himself standing in the shadows.

When this matter with my old pack is solved, I would like to find a particular green eyed monster and kill him with my own hands.

I was greeted by a familiar faces when as I ventured further into the territory. He must be on patrol.

"Sera?" Wilson looked at me, completely surprised.

"Hi Wilson," I smiled at him. Wilson was third in command when Daniel was Alpha. But then Dave became Alpha.

"You are alive?!" He asked in astonishment.

That was the not welcome I was expecting

"What are you talking about, Wilson?" I inquired frowning at him.

"Daniel told everyone that you were dead. He was devastated by that. His reaction was weird. And Dave has disappeared." He spoke frantically and then stopped. "Is it really you Sera?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course it's me. Have you found your mate?" I changed there topic and tried to read his thoughts.

'Should I tell her that Daniel has found another mate? When she was here previously, there was some sexual tension between them. And she even saved his life.'

My eyebrows shot up in surprise. A mate? Daniel has found a mate?

"Yeah, I have." He smiled and started thinking about his mate. I stopped reading his thoughts when they became too personal.

"I'd like to meet her." I smiled at him.

He grinned. "She's amazing. You'll love her."

"And she will love me too. You are out of the picture." I flicked him and he groaned making me chuckle.

"Stop acting like a child. I want to meet Daniel." I told him. He nodded seriously.

His eyes glazed over and he contacted to Daniel through mind link. I tried to read his thoughts again. He didn't say anything except for informing Daniel about my arrival who didn't say anything in return.

"He must be shocked." I said. "After all he believed I was dead."

"Yes, you are right." He said but his tone said something was wrong.

"Let's see your Alpha now. By the way, where is Alpha Wayne?" I asked. I have to kidnap the guy as per orders of so-called Blood Devil.

"At pack house. I haven't seen him in several days. He had stopped interacting to anyone except for his mate."

"Why?"

Wilson shrugged. "I don't know. Daniel is pretty worried about him. But he has got an excellent mate now. She's nothing like Shea. I think that is the real bond between the mates. They are chosen for you. Nothing works out if you choose someone else." Wilson said with a smile.

He is one of those who knows that Shea was not Daniel's real mate. But he doesn't know that I was Daniel's mate.

"What's Daniel's new mate like?" I asked.

He flashed me a bright smile."You will see."