Thirty Five- Daddy Dearest

Chapter Thirty Five- Daddy Dearest

Sera’s P.O.V.

It was like a bucket of cold water slashed on my face in freezing winters. His words hit me with that force, almost making me stumble. That was not something I had planned. That was something never planned.

“Wh-What do you mean?” I stuttered for the first time because for the first time something had gone completely opposite to direction of my flow. For the first time something had happened I didn’t expect.

“I mean to say that the truth of you being Daniel’s mate will remain as secret. No one in the pack will know about it.” Alpha Wayne said.

I gave him a look of complete disbelief. He couldn’t do that, not after I’ve reached at this stage.

“Why? I’m Daniel’s mate and rightful Luna of this pack. Why do you want to keep this a secret?” I asked him in a calm voice, trying to control my anger and panic. This is not so happening.

“I know you are keeping secrets too Sera. I will not ask why are you keeping them and you will not question me.”

I was beyond shocked. My jaw fell at his words and kept ringing in my ears for next few moments while I stood completely silent in front of me wondering how on earth did this happen? But he can’t possible know what I am can he? There is no way.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” I shook my head slightly playing dumb. No, he doesn’t know that.

“Really, am I not?” he raised an eyebrow with a slight smirk on his face. All the respect I had for him reduced to nothing. Was he denying my rights because I was a vampire? Racist old Alpha.

“You might have figured out what you are Sera.” He continued. “You are just like your mother,”

My eyes grew wide as an unknown emotion occupied the consciousness of my senses. Mom, I haven’t heard about her in long time. Dave and I never talked about our parents. Now hearing about my mother from Alpha is like talking about the torn chapter from the book of my life which I don’t want to explore. But somewhere in my mind I do want to. I want to know about my mother.

What happened to her? Where is she? We always believed on what we were told. Most of times I thought something was not true. There was very less talk of my mother. Most of pack members I knew talked about Dave’s mother and how amazing was she. The history of my mother was almost nonexistent. I was only told she died giving me birth.

“What do you mean?” I asked genuinely confused at his words. He just stared at me for a couple of minutes as I waited for him to explain. His eyes were gazing into mine as if he was trying to solve a puzzle mystery. My guard was down and at that moment, I didn’t care. And then he spoke.

“You are like your mother Sera. She was not a complete werewolf and you are also not a complete werewolf.” He started. “She was not complete mate of your father. Dave’s mother was Roger’s mate. Your mother had a weak mating bond with Roger. It didn’t help them stay happy. When Roger met Selena, Dave’s mother, he realized that the mating bond was much stronger than what he shared with your mother. But he couldn’t bring Selena when you mother was still in picture and he couldn’t leave her too.”

I listened carefully. How is that even possible? A werewolf cannot have two mates.

“These are very rare cases.” He told me. “You are same. You too cannot be someone’s true mate. You too can’t form a strong mating bond with a werewolf. I was in this pack looking after you. I wanted to know who your mate was so I could warn him about you. But then I heard that you left with a rogue. After that you were not the responsibility of this pack.” He shrugged.

My mind went back to that weird conversation I had with old Miles.

~~Flashback

“This line,” he pointed the thin line, “is your mating bond with Daniel.” He said as if telling a child about new thing. “And this,” he pointed at the other thick line, “is the usual werewolf bond, a strong one.”

Flashback ends~~

“This is not possible.” I shook my head. This is some lame theory. Daniel is my mate. He is just saying this because… because he doesn’t want me to be the Luna of this pack. He doesn’t want to show his son’s true face to the rest of the pack.

“A werewolf changing into a vampire is possible and my theory is not?” Wayne raised his eyebrow and my breath hitched.

He knows.

“I know,” he smirked at me, “And I also know what Blood Devil wants.” My blood ran cold.

The mention of his name was enough horror to make my heart beat fast.

How does he know?

~~Flashback in Third’s person’s P.O.V.

Sera stood in front of the green eyed majestic creature. His brown hairs were settled neatly on his forehead and his gaze was piercing. His attire was completely black with a silky cloak hanging from his shoulders without any folds.

“Sera, you were a werewolf,” he started, “You still smell like a werewolf. I guess your mating bond with your mate is the reason for then, since he was an Alpha.”

She nodded her head fixing her gaze on his chest covered with dark fabric. She couldn’t meet his eyes knowing how deadly they were.

“I have been informed by my spies that the heir of Hybrid Blood was born in your pack. I want you to go to your pack and find out who that person is. You are given two months for this task. You will not tell anyone in your pack that you are a vampire. It will remain a secret forever. You will bring the heir to me by the end of two months. There should be no mistakes. Vladimir with contact you every once in a while. Don’t disappoint me.” He told her in his cold velvety voice.

She nodded her head.

“Today you will leave. I have already told you once about this. I want no mistakes.” He dismissed her. Her eyes fell one last time on Blood Devil’s right hand man Vladimir who looked at her with too much coldness that she almost shivered. Vladimir was a hulk with rippling muscles and immense power. He was feared most after the Blood Devil. She knew never to mess with that man because he could be psychotic at times.

She was set on the task to find the heir for Blood Devil. And she had to complete it within two months. And she exactly knew how to do it. All she needed was to create a bond with every pack member of Moonstone pack. That will enable her to find out every single detail of the members. She would know about their blood heritage too.

For that bond, she had to become Luna of the pack. And she already was that. The only obstacle in her path was her mate’s fake mate. She would definitely throw her out of the picture.

Flashback ends~~

*** *** *** ***

Alpha Wayne is Daniel’s dad and former Alpha of the pack. She still calls him Alpha because Sera was not present when Daniel became Alpha and didn’t form any bond with him.

His name is Harry Wayne Osborn but he is mostly called Wayne.