38😢The Burial😢

Diamond's POV

It's been a week since I've left Mama Jenny's house after the incident and today is finally Janelle's burial. I sat up on the bed when the clock struck 6am.

I barely slept a wink cause my mind refuses to rest. I've been living with Kimberly in the apartment she told me about and it's great cause Jacques doesn't know at all.

I haven't texted any of the Crips members except for Makayla who has been coming over regularly. Her and Kimberly are getting pretty close and it's really amazing to see!

Kimberly lied to Jacques that she went to visit her mother at her state so that Jacques doesn't disturb her and he actually fell for it. I've been healing slowly but surely and I really thank Makayla and Kimberly for that cause their support has brought me a long way.

I sighed, standing up and walking to the window to see outside very dark and cloudy. I'm guessing the earth knows that we've lost someone very special cause this weather says it all.

"You good babes?" Kimberly asked.

I turned with a little smile on my face. "Yes." I sighed. "Mom said her flight will land at 7am so I need to get ready for her arrival before the burial."

"Okay ma." She stretched then laid back down.

I chuckled walking to the bathroom. This apartment has only one room which I share with Kimberly, it feels like a everyday sleepover.

I walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower, stepping out after 10 minutes. I wrapped a towel around myself and walked out of the bathroom to find Kimberly still fast asleep.

She's been up with me all those times that I'd wake up crying or have insomnia, she really put up with me and I'm truly grateful. She's really a friend amongst all friends and I can't stop thanking God for her.

She literally took time away from Deontei, she took time away from her boyfriend just for me. She literally put her life on pause just so she could help me get on with mine, friends like this seriously don't exist anymore.

*
I walked out of the room around 7:34am when I heard the doorbell ring. My heart is pounding cause I know it's my mom but I'm not ready to face her after everything that's happened. "Mommy." I said when I pulled open the door to see her standing before me.

"Come here baby, it's okay." She hugged me when I started crying.

Mom had to take the next flight back to America when I told her about Janelle. Janelle was literally there for mom when I wasn't, Janelle became like her second daughter and I really don't wanna believe that she's gone.

"It's okay mama." She pecked my forehead, wiping my eyes. "It'll all be okay." She hugged me again.

We stayed like that for like a minute then we decided to enter the apartment and that's when I realised that mom brought along a friend. "Uhm mom, who is he?" I asked when they both took a seat.

"Baby, this is Andy." She smiled while holding his thigh.

"And who's Andy?" I asked in confusion.

"Andy's my boyfriend." She said with a nervous smile. "He's Canadian, divorced and a father of twins, boy and girl." She said with her eyes on me.

I could see how nervous she was. I'm sure she thinks I'm going to have an outburst but in all honesty, I'm actually really happy for her. "Well, it's nice to meet you Andy." I said while shaking his hand. "This is kind of a shock for me cause my mom has never introduced me to any guy but you're welcome." I smiled.