1

Jesse

I was two months into my last year at Cambridge University. For the past two months, me and my team have been practicing almost every day. We lost the championship last year by just a few points, and that is not going to happen again. This year we will win! A few hours ago, we had won our first game of the year. It was a friendly game, but still. The party was still going on downstairs. I left my teammates and the party goers to enjoy themselves while I would enjoy myself with a pretty little redhead that was cheering in the stands earlier. She wanted to celebrate me, so before I could do anything, she sank to her knees and pulled my trousers down. I wasn't about to complain.

The next morning, she had left before I finished my shower. That is how I preferred, that is what the birds know to expect from me. No cuddling, no attachments and leaving before I exit the shower or preferably not even staying the night. Just in my boxers, I made my way down to the kitchen. The only one that was awake was Daniel's girlfriend. Dark-skinned with amazing curls and stunning grey-blue eyes. She could be a model if she wasn't set on becoming a surgeon. She was one of the smartest people I had ever met. How Daniel managed to snare her, remains the question. She was sitting at the kitchen island, books sprawled around her as she studied. She was wearing Daniel's shirt and sweats, her feet bare as they rested on the foot stand of the barstool.

Without looking up, she pushed the teapot towards me.

"Thanks." I murmured.

"I saw Giselle leave twenty minutes ago."

"Who?" I asked. Oh. Oooh. "Ah, right. Giselle."

She put her head in her hand and looked up to me. "Oh, Jesse. What I am to do with you." She sighed.

"There is nothing to do with me. I'm perfectly fine."

She snorted. "That's why there is a new girl leaving your room every weekend."

"Having sex is part of being young, Amara."

"That's true. But you had seven different bed partners since school started. That's just..." She scrounged up her nose. "Nasty. And they are out of your bed and out of the house before you wake up."

"Jake has sex. So do all the other guys."

"None of them as much as you. Or at least not with so many different partners. Most of them have... regulars."

That was possible true. I never had real interest in what girls come and go in the house. But I wasn't interested in regulars or relationships. I'm not interested in getting too close to any bird at the moment. From the whole team, Daniel was the only one currently in a relationship. He had managed to snag Amara up in the first year of college and they have been together ever since. All the others had multiple girlfriends over the years. Some more serious than others.

"Don't worry, I'm always safe and I get tested every three months. I'm clean."

"I know, because if you weren't I wouldn't be sitting in this house." She grinned, I chuckled. Daniel and Amara were in my year, so I've known her since I started here at Cambridge. It was one of the few girls I was close to. Or what you can call close. I have a lot of male friends, but girls... no. Not even a handful of girls would I call close. "You're a great guy, Jesse. But are you really going through life like this? Going from one girl to the other?"

"You know I don't do commitment, and you know why." I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"I do." She said as she highlighted a sentence. "But what if the right girl comes around?"